Friday, November 15, 2013

Gospel Rosary Devotion

BEADS OF JOY 11-15-13
“Gospel Rosary Devotions”
©2013 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

Today’s Gospel: Luke 17:26-37 (The Day of The Son of Man) “As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of man.  They ate, they drank, they married, they were given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. Likewise as it was in the days of Lot -- they ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built, but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom fire and sulfur rained from heaven and destroyed them all -- so will it be on the day when the Son of man is revealed. On that day, let him who is on the housetop, with his goods in the house, not come down to take them away; and likewise let him who is in the field not turn back. Remember Lot's wife. Whoever seeks to gain his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will preserve it. I tell you, in that night there will be two in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. There will be two women grinding together; one will be taken and the other left." And they said to him, "Where, Lord?" He said to them, "Where the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together."


My Friends,
Today I begin a new transformation of sharing and writing… Today I will be reflecting upon each mystery of the Sorrowful Mysteries from today’s Gospel vantage point… I encourage you to do the same… I pray that you too are spiritually enlightened by these reflections… I welcome you to what will hopefully be some incredibly blessed Gospel Rosary Devotions. Stay tuned to this blog everyday and join with us in Praying The Rosary together.

The 1st Sorrowful Mystery – The Agony in The Garden
Let us surrender fully to God’s Will in this mystery. In today’s gospel Lord -You warn us that “The Days of The Son of Man” will indeed swiftly come upon me. Many of us will be going about our daily lives unaware of what is happening. To this I shall embrace verse 33 as I begin praying this mystery, “Whoever seeks to gain his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will preserve it.” Here’s what I shall do: Stay alert, pray daily and keep my life fully focused on Jesus – He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

The 2nd Sorrowful Mystery – Scourging at The Pillar
In the second mystery I should surrender a step further then the first, and let my life of suffering begin. Who am I Lord to think that I deserve to be treated like royalty? No Lord I do not deserve that. I know that living a life of luxury, filled with the spoils of this life only destroy and eat away at the Spiritual part of me, that is You. I need to do more, by doing less for myself. In today’s gospel I am warned –not to save this life; for by doing so I will indeed lose my life for all eternity.

The 3rd Sorrowful Mystery – Crowning with Thorns
As I begin the third mystery I see that Jesus further suffers for me. I need to be more like Jesus and have Moral Courage in my daily challenges; most especially when others make fun of me because of my faith; or when the liberal society hates me so much and speaks evil lies about me. I must take courage and continue to read my bible and pray my rosary and boldly speak of Jesus and our Lady.  Jesus is my strength, He alone will help me stay strong when the thorns pierce my skull.

The 4th Sorrowful Mystery – Carrying of The Cross
In this mystery Lord, I learn greatly about Your Patience, Your example of carrying something a Cross –falling without stopping, bleeding endless as You suffer. In today’s gospel I need to be patient with others, who are not focused on You. I must stay focused on You throughout my life, I must always stay in my view and I must continue to forge forward towards You, no matter what. The weight, the size and burden of my Cross, even if I have blood-shed from carrying it - I shall continue to carry it –and I will not be discouraged or turn me away.

The 5th Sorrowful Mystery – The Crucifixion
This mystery Lord breaks my heart, my tears flow as I see you suffer for me up on that huge Cross. I am so unworthy of the love you so unconditionally give me constantly. In this mystery as I reflect it upon today’s Gospel, I see clearly that Self-denial must be a huge part of who I am, when I surrender my life fully to You Lord. This life isn’t and shouldn’t be all about me, rather I wish to offer it to You Lord, serving You. I will do this by serving others, especially those unworthy and undeserving of it.

Watch for more and more of these style meditations. The Holy Spirit has led me to this; there will be many more scriptural meditations like this to come..

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every evening Monday through Friday 9pm EST with our
"Our Lady's Rosary Text Vigil Group"


Invitations posted daily… and throughout the evening…
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim

Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

I also invite you to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest:
https://twitter.com/Rosarymanjim
http://www.pinterest.com/rosarymanjim/pins/