Monday, December 14, 2009

By What Authority

Beads of Joy 12-14-09

By What Authority
©2009 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

The week has begun and Praise Jesus we have a fantastic gospel to begin the week with: Matthew 21:23-27 (The Authority of Jesus Questioned). Who would think that our Lord and Savior would be questioned about His authority. It was the chief priests and elders of the people who tried questioning Jesus, but in His infinite wisdom He would answer their question, if they would first answer His question about John's baptism. But the chief priests and elders feared the people if they were to say that the baptism was by human authority, and if they said it was by Heavenly authority, Jesus would want to know why they didn't believe Him. So much wisdom packed in that response. So Jesus did not answer their question.

Do we ever feel like we are being questioned by others about what authority we practice our faith? or what church we attend? or anything we do? Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior, we need not answer to anyone but Him. Our faith, our life, all that we believe all that we do, is all centered around our love for Him. I personally consider Him thee single most important driving force in my life when I make all of my life's choices. And in the past I have had issues because of it. But no one has ever or will ever turn me away from Lord. I proudly would reply, "I was praying", they'd say "Why, who said you have to pray?" All things are so simple when Jesus is the reason. I simply said,"I pray because Jesus is the most important person in my life." That's happened twice in my life where I answered that. I never got a response back from those people.

I try to live my life the way that would keep me closest to my Lord. So my habit when I am working is that when there is "quiet" time and I am busy doing something, sometimes for hours; I pray, to myself. Sometimes it's obvious that I am murmuring something. I usually pray my rosary, all 20 decades, over and over throughout my work day. And then when I feel led by the Spirit, I just chit chat in my heart with my Lord. And let me tell you, I can go on for hours speaking to Him and then I also spend many hours just listening to Him, pondering how much I love Him.

Today I challenge you to be bold in your faith. Not in anyway that would insight a fight. What I am saying is to allow the Spirit to truly guide you through your day. Pray as often as you possibly can, either in some prepared prayer format or just conversation. Let me say that when you do this everyday, all the time, for decades, you will feel a dramatic change in your life and you will know for a fact, by what authority you do these things.

Trust in Jesus, talk to Him, spend every waking hour with Him.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO