Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Storm of Preparation

Beads of Joy 12-23-10

Under The Storm of Preparation
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

This is a personal journey I wish to share today. It'll be quick in many of the highlights you already know; or at least most of you already know and more in detail to what has never been shared. Before I begin, let me say that I am deeply in love with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, His dad (Our Father) and His mom (Hail Mary). As many of you all know, "Chrissy's cancer" started back in May 2010. We had no idea back then, what the road ahead was going to be. After Chrissy was officially diagnosed, it was then that we realized that we just got whacked up the side of the head with a hammer. Wow, were we ever thrown for a loop. The doctor drew a graph going from left to right, and starting off at the the top on the left; and ending up on the bottom on the right. He said this is what we are to expect, a steady slow down hill ride where only Chrissy's comfort was important. Recovery and remission were never part of the equation, unfortunately as of now, they still aren't. As time has progressed through many trying times, we have build up much strength, a sort of resistance to the bad news. Considering how full our plate has gotten since then, we Thank God for allowing us the time, to have built up that strength.

Through all this our family has sacrificed much. We are not complaining by any means, just pointing out facts and bragging on my wonderful understanding, loving kids. Our kids didn't get to enjoy the summer at all, no vacations or weekends or day trips of any sort. We spent all these past eight months focusing all our attention, resources and energy in trying to make everything comfortable and right for Chrissy. All the money we put aside was inevitably spent. We needed to upgrade and replace many items in our home early on; so that Chrissy in her toughest moments would be comfortable. And then the doctors told her, she needed to be on a high protein diet; now even though that don't seem like a huge request, it was. So now along with all our regular food shopping that wasn't necessarily all high protein, we had to shop for Chrissy's needs, and we did. What I am getting at is, we were slowly coming down the financial pike and soon would be out of all our resources. Along the way we haven't ever lost faith, on the contrary, I believe we increased in our faith. In fact Chrissy's faith came to life, what a blessing seeing her spiritually come alive.

So now we look at the plate we hold and we think, how did it get this full? Work is a challenge, a double edge sword now; my hours have lessened and my health insurance has changed for the worse, while my weekly insurance costs have increased $39. Our home is an issue, which has no resolve at all at the moment. And Chrissy's health is front and center, along with the unknown challenges Travis faces with his heart issues. In the interim of all this, I have become care taker for my darling wife. I am not complaining at all in this blog, rather I am grateful and joyous that I have been chosen to carry all these things. It is through my faith and my love for my Lord that I for the most part very easily shoulder all of this, plus cook, clean, shop, and there are so many etc's I can't list them. I honestly, openly, willingly surrendered my life fully so that I can serve my Lord, my wife, my son and our family. My strength is in my prayer life, my time with Jesus, in both my devout love for the Rosary and my craving for the word. Anyone reading this who is in a similar situation, please feel free to contact me and we can talk and share and I will do all I can to help you through what you are dealing with. (jimdaceyjr@yahoo.com) God has given me a most precious gift: His Son. Know that He has also given the same gift to you.

Well here we are few days from Christmas and a couple weeks ago we told our kids we weren't even having a Christmas. They weren't thrilled but they understood what has happened these past few months has taken it's toll on our family finances. We cling to survival sometimes week to week. I always preach, never be greedy, never desire things if you know someone else could use them, and never ask for anything unless we are in desperate need. And most importantly I always say, "Trust in the Lord, He will and always has provided for us." With all that said, as Christmas has drawn near and my work hours keep lessening and our bills keep backing up, something wonderful has begun to happen. The floodgates of love and generosity started pouring out from many of our friends. We didn't ask, we never requested, we only trusted. Yes we are having a horrible difficult time right now, but this bright sunshine of food and gifts for the children is flooding our hearts with Joy. Twice we refused help and told those offering to give it to another family in need, and it was not even a day or two after that, that the flood gates have poured so much Joy into our lives. Chrissy is giddy and happy that our kids will indeed now have a Christmas. What a joyous, happy, fun filled surprise it will indeed be for them, when they see that Santa did come after all.

Thank you everyone, you have brought us so much joy !!!!
You are all such an inspiration to me and my family...
Merry Christmas !!!


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Luminous Mysteries

1. Baptism of Jesus
2. Wedding at Cana
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom
4. The Transfiguration
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist