Sunday, October 28, 2018

He Is Calling You


BEADS OF JOY 10-28-18
“He Is Calling You”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Mark 10:46-52 (The Blind Beggar)
“And they came to Jericho; and as he was leaving Jericho with his disciples and a great multitude, Bartimaeus, a blind beggar, the son of Timaeus, was sitting by the roadside. And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" And many rebuked him, telling him to be silent; but he cried out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" And Jesus stopped and said, "Call him." And they called the blind man, saying to him, "Take heart; rise, he is calling you." And throwing off his mantle he sprang up and came to Jesus. And Jesus said to him, "What do you want me to do for you?" And the blind man said to him, "Master, let me receive my sight." And Jesus said to him, "Go your way; your faith has made you well." And immediately he received his sight and followed him on the way.”

Reflection:
Today’s gospel speaks of a special healing, a special grace. The blind beggar (Bartimaeus) was in the right place at the right time, while surrounded by good friends. He learned that Jesus was passing (nearby) and he knew if Jesus would only hear his cry, He most certainly would be the one to heal him. Today let us Pray The Rosary with a sprinkle of today’s Gospel message in it. I know Sunday is the Glorious Mysteries, but today’s gospel seems to fit well with the Joyful Mysteries.

The 1st Joyful Mystery –The Annunciation.
As I begin the Joyful Mysteries Lord, today’s gospel reminds me of the Annunciation. Just as Almighty God approached Mary, ever faithful and favored of God; Jesus approaches a blind beggar who is also faithful begging for mercy, knowing that Jesus was the only one who could heal him. One characteristic I see in both, is Humility. Today’s gospel is one of Joy and Healing, through the Mercy that You Lord give to all.

The 2nd Joyful Mystery –The Visitation.
This second mystery Lord most sincerely blends into today’s gospel in many ways. I can see Love of Neighbor in those who made sure Bartimaeus got close to Jesus. In Bartimaeus eye’s He could not see the world, but his eyes knew Jesus. I pray that I am always led to help other, my neighbors (all) to You Lord. May Your love always dwell inside me, so that I may be Your hands and Your feet to rush those seeking You –to You.

The 3rd Joyful Mystery –The Birth of Jesus.
In this mystery Lord there is much Joy. To the world a Savior is born. Bartimaeus was a blind beggar; there is no doubt that he was very poor. Just as Your life of Poverty Lord and Your complete Detachment from the things of this world was; is exactly how Bartimaeus lived until You healed him. Your mercy and Your love are the only treasure we seek.

The 4th Joyful Mystery –The Presentation.
Obedience 
most certainly was part of today’s gospel Lord. Just as Mary and Joseph brought You to the temple with two turtle doves; the crowd brought Bartimaeus to You as You commanded them to. Your love for us is immeasurable and merciful always, no matter what we do; it is unearned and unconditional. May this Presentation represent our hearts presented to You Lord, always loyal to our allegiance to You.

The 5th Joyful Mystery -Finding in The Temple.
This fifth Joyful Mystery focuses on our Piety, our faith. –A life focused on always seeking out God. Today’s gospel most certainly helps me see and understand how Bartimaeus’ faith was recognized by You Lord; as he was seeking, searching and reaching out to You Lord. I pray that I may live a life with such faith, even in my suffering as Bartimaeus most certainly did.

Thank you, our Lord and Thank you, our Lady for being with me; as I prayed today’s Rosary while I combined my thoughts and reflections on God’s Word.  


Healing of the Blind Beggar
Bartimaeus



Who Do You Say That I AM?
Bartimaeus (Insightful)


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Sunday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. Assumption of Mary (Grace of a Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!




MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/