Tuesday, October 23, 2018

The Journey Continues


BEADS OF JOY 10-23-18
“The Journey Continues”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Dear Friends,


I’d like to take this opportunity to update you with what is going on in my life. I am asking for your prayers and to let you know I will be praying for you and your family at the altar in the Basilica.

Tomorrow I will be moving up to Niagara Falls, NY, so that I will be 6 miles from the Fatima Shrine/Barnabite Fathers in Lewiston, NY. As I continue my discernment to the Priesthood, I want you to know that I will be praying for you at the Basilica. Prayer is truly one of the most special gifts to give, and to receive. Fr. Peter told me, that I have till June of 2019 to be fully prepared. I have already been accepted, that’s no problem. Now the ball is in my court and my children must have their lives situated and I must provide a clean bill of health report, from my doctor. Both which are not fully in order as of now. My youngest son Charlie is midstream on a few options and directions, but then he is only 18. And my health, well, my left side is still very numb and unpredictable. When I walk a lot, which I do, I tend to limp or feel too sore to continue walking, so I must rest. In my heart, I feel once my life situation changes after this move, and all my stresses and focuses will change; I honestly believe I stand a much greater chance at getting better. I lost all my weight (60 lbs) only since I was able to embrace Chrissy’s loss, to move forward from Chrissy’s death. I believe all of what is going on in my life is what is holding back my healing.

How did this all begin?
When I got involved with Best Lent Ever at Dynamic Catholic in Feb 2018, (this is my second BLE) I never thought I would be here seriously thinking about this today. Have I always wanted to be a Priest? YES! But, I wasn’t so focused on that thought or possibility. After I became widowed, I wasn’t initially thinking about anything. The Priesthood never entered my mind back then, I figured I was too old, and this could never happen. I still don’t know if it could happen, but I would like to explore and find out.

Well as Best Lent Ever continued I realized how much I truly love serving others. I felt our Lord calling me, more and more as I read so many of those honest posts, sharing their life’s joys and struggles. I always prayed for everyone and I always asked for our Lord to lead me to those I need to comfort. And as the weeks went on, I felt my heart and my soul draw closer to a more serious commitment in my life to our Lord. Not necessarily thinking Priesthood, but I felt I was being called to a much more sacrificial life. Then, one day early on, on this 40-day journey, it was Day 17, we were asked:  If you could do anything, what would you do?

This was my post that day:

Good Morning Everyone...
I didn't think I would be here today, I live in NE Pennsylvania and the storm hit our area really hard. A tree fell on our home and another one fell on our cars. Power came back late Saturday and the internet is still choppy. Hopefully I can comment today without any issues.


If I could do ANYTHING, what would I do? I think in all honesty I would want to be a R.C. Priest! A priest who writes books about the Rosary and speaks publicly at different parishes and places sharing the ROSARY. Before I ever thought about getting married or anything like that I wanted to be a Priest in 1983. My mom and I always prayed about what our Lord really wanted me to do. In the end I wanted to be like my Dad and I really wanted my own children, lots of them. I am truly passionate about Jesus my Lord and I know I do serve Him fully now. But WOW how amazing would it be, to be a Priest on the altar bringing Jesus to OTHERS through the Eucharist. I truly love the Mass with all my heart. I hope my comments post today, I keep losing my wi-fi. I missed you guys...

The positive response to that post on BLE was amazing and overwhelming. I am still getting support and encouragement from so many of those amazing Best Lent Ever new friends of mine. It feels like some sort of a confirmation, that I am heading in the right direction. So, I am fully exploring all the possibilities and all the options I can have. If there is no way remotely possible; maybe there can still be a place somewhere on the Altar, to serve others in some way. I am seeking God’s Will and direction in my life spiritually, now more than ever, throughout this discernment. Every single prayer request I have made since this journey has begun, has been answered, literally, my exact request. I always ask that “...if it be Your Will Lord, than I want it even more.”

There is still more to share, but for now I will say, thank you and please keep in touch. I want to send out Christmas Cards this year, but I need your address.

Just a heads up, once I get settled up there. I will be making many videos, plus there will be live events to share. Stay tuned. The ministry will be cranking it up and we will have so much Joy of The Lord to share, with our Lady and the Rosary as a big part of all this.

My Cell # 570-994-4618
Email – jimdaceyjunior@yahoo.com
Send me your address and I will send you mine.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Tuesday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…




MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/