Monday, May 14, 2018

I Have Called You


BEADS OF JOY 05-14-18
“I Have Called You”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 15:9-17 (The Vine and The Branches)
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide; so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. This I command you, to love one another.”


Reflection:
Jesus loves us, like no one else on this planet can ever love us. His love is immeasurable. Not even death could stop His love for us; in-fact His death magnified His love for us. Jesus paid the greatest price to pardon all of us of all our sins. Everything we have is because of Him. And with that said, like Jesus said, in today’s gospel, “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”

Uniting our hearts with Jesus is the greatest act of love we can give to our Lord. Selfishness and empty conceit lead us to a wasted life. Yes, we can have all sorts of success, but not at the cost of hurting or using others to get it. But we also need to know how to be good stewards, of the rewards we have gained in this life. One day, each and every one of us, will have to answer to our stewardship. Did we bury the coin and selfishly keep it and protect it, or did we use it to help it grow into more? God alone knows our hearts.

Jesus loves us. He gave up His life for us. Now we must love Him by giving our lives to Him; but in a different way. Let us be His hands and His feet and His voice for Him, helping and leading others to Him. The most successful life, you can have in this life, is to do all you can to achieve sainthood. Yes, sainthood! We must try to get as close to Jesus Christ as possible for all eternity; that my friends is what success really is. So much of what is here in this life, is smoke and mirrors to distract us from achieving that. Pray more and you will understand more. Prayer is a magnificent, priceless gift, we can grab hold of, to receive and to give.

Gospel Reading and Reflection for Kids
(very cute, well done)



Pondering these thoughts today: Some will bail and say forget this, when I say these things; but seriously we must surrender our lives fully and follow Jesus. I know, what exactly does that mean? It can be interpreted a bunch of different ways. The easiest way to understand “surrender your life” is this: Always in all things put Jesus Christ FIRST in everything you do, every decision you make, every place you go, literally everything! He must be the reason you make the choices; your own selfish desires and reasons must not take priority or precedence in your life. You must take care of your family, be a Godly spouse, be a Godly parent, be a good hard worker, a good friend; but even in these things stay fully Christ centered. Pray about all this, to help you better understand the depths of this.


Bishop Barron on the Desire to be a Saint
(I think you might really enjoy this.)



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Monday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind and Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Monday mornings, because every morning begins with the Rosary.


MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/