Monday, February 10, 2014

The Joyful Mysteries

BEADS OF JOY 02-10-14
“The Joyful Mysteries”
©2014 James Dacey, Jr. OFS
My Friends,
I hope you enjoy these heartfelt meditations. I love our Lord and our Lady and the Rosary so much. My heart fluttered at the very thought of putting these meditations together.
The JOYFUL MYSTERIES…


First Joyful Mystery –The Annunciation.
As I was visiting with Mary I noticed the way she lived her life; her Humility was a very dynamic part of who she was and is. She was friendly but shy, a life devoted and trusted in God’s Will… Ready, more than ready for whatever would be asked of her. Then the Angel Gabriel arrived, ready and confident that God’s choice in Mary was beyond excellent. As the Angel spoke to her you can see how attentive and yet almost knowingly ready for God to ask of something of her. Slightly unclear of the possibilities of the request; yet without hesitation she responded “Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word.” Thank you Mary…

Second Joyful Mystery –The Visitation.
As my visit continued Mary was packing a small bag of a couple of personal items; she seemed in a hurry. I learned that Mary’s cousin Elizabeth was also pregnant in answer to prayer; but Elizabeth was up in years. In response Mary went in haste into the hill country. This was an incredible journey for a young girl who was pregnant. The Love of Neighbor in Mary’s heart was shining. She was putting the needs of her cousin before her own. Mary and Elizabeth’s embrace was one of love for each other and one of concern for each other. Elizabeth knew Mary was carrying God with her; even the child in Elizabeth’s womb leap with joy.

Third Joyful Mystery –The Birth of Jesus.
Joseph searched persistently for a place for Mary to be comfortable and ready; knowing that the evening ahead would be one that great joy. I can see that his focus was on Mary’s safety and comfort; his eyes were filled with so much love. The Inn he had hoped to get in was filled. But Mary and Joseph lived in Poverty / with full Detachment from the things of this world. So they had nothing, and couldn't really afford anything; so for tonight a humble manger will have to do. Surrounded by shepherds and some animals in the manger Jesus made a quiet yet profound entrance into the world and into our souls.

Fourth Joyful Mystery –The Presentation.
I am following Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus; where are they going? In Obedience and according to the Law of Moses; they were bringing Jesus to present Him to the Lord, with their sacrifice of two turtledoves. They are on the steps now, who are they talking to? An older gentleman by the name of Simeon, now I see Simeon holding baby Jesus. I can barely hear him, he is speaking about “according to thy word”; “this child will rise and fall”; and looking at Mary he said, “A sword shall pierce through thy own soul.” In silence Mary ponders these words in her heart. Mary fully and most certainly accepts all that comes with accepting God’s Will in her life.

Fifth Joyful Mystery -Finding in The Temple.
The Feast of the Passover will be here soon, all of us are beginning to take the long journey to Jerusalem. On our journey back I can see that Joseph and Mary were frantically searching for Jesus. Oh no, where is Jesus, He’s nowhere in sight? Oh there He is, He is at the temple, asking questions and spending time with elders. Living a life of Piety like Jesus must be our life’s goal. I can see by this mystery of losing sight of Jesus, that I must do all I can to not lose sight of Him in my life. He died for me and gave all He had for sinful, pitiful me; in turn in my life must be a gift of sacrifice fully remaining focused on Him.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!


Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS