The Married Couples Rosary
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO
As this month ends and November is about to begin, today I begin sharing each day’s meditations and reflections on each mystery in a much more in-depth, hopefully insightful way. We will begin a Rosary I call: The Married Couples Rosary... Marriage in today’s world takes a beaten from everyone. Sadly so many worldly people out there don’t look upon marriage the way God has brought it to us, as a sacrament. The world has made up their own version of what they call marriage, and it’s not. God is the only one who created marriage, so we must go by His way; so we are to respect the sacrament and live it, as He designed it.
In the past Chrissy and I have been involved with World Wide Marriage Encounter. www.wwme.org Their main focus is to help strengthen marriages; we have been on two weekends ourselves, many many years ago. For quite some time we also use to be the coordinates for the Staten Island group. We learned a lot back then. We know our marriage isn’t perfect; most married couples when honestly asked will agree that theirs is the same, not perfect. But with all that said what does that mean? All of us can answer that in our own lives. To my experience of 25 years, it takes lots of work, unconditional love, endless patience, continuous humility, lots and lots of prayer. And then you have your first child… LOL
Marriage is a challenge and often times a very difficult series of events that only get more difficult. It was never meant to be easy, nor was it ever promised to never have challenges. I believe God only wishes that we do our best to actually reflect upon our vows as times get difficult. Just for the fun of seeing and reading them again, let’s look at the typical marriage vows:
"I, ______, take you ______, to be my wedded wife/husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, or the Lord comes for His own, and hereto I pledge you my faithfulness."
Let us begin with The Joyful Mysteries reflections:
The Joyful Mysteries
1. The Annunciation – HUMILITY: As we begin this mystery let us think of how our Blessed Mother made all things wonderful and blessed. Mary didn’t put herself or her own needs, wants and desires first. Mary knew God was first in her life and hence she obeyed and listened to Him. Let us Lord understand our vows, our commitment to one another, please guide me and show me how I can obey you through those vows I have made before my spouse in front of you, the spouse you have united to me in my life. It is said best in scripture, “Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves.” Philippians 2:3
2. The Visitation – CHARITY: In marriage we must love, for charity is love, it’s a love like that of the one God has for each of us from him, agape love. Dear Lord as our Lady has shown us by example that she put the love of her cousin first in charity; teach me, show me, help me give that same love to my spouse. I know I fail horribly at this at times, but in that Lord, please help me stay focused on being more loving to my spouse as you are so loving towards us. Unconditional love sums this up best Lord, and unconditional love should easily last a lifetime. Please help guide my heart Lord. As scripture says, “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” Matthew 19:5-6
3. The Birth of Our Lord – POVERTY: To understand poverty, we must understand, “Blessed are the poor in spirit.” To begin with, it has nothing to literally do with money or possessions; rather it means that all that we have is God’s first and we are entrusted stewards to all these things. In this mystery Lord please guide my heart to always give whatever you have entrusted to me freely to my spouse and to others. I know we have been called to serve you Lord, I desire no pride to guide me, only your love my Lord. My heart only seeks to serve and give as you desire of me. The beatitudes say it best, “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 5:3
4. The Presentation – OBEDIENCE: As Mary and Joseph were obedient to the law in presenting their first born; help me Lord to be obedient to the vows that I and my spouse have said before you. Yes they are challenging in and of themselves, but I trust Lord that you will guide our hearts to help make this come as you wish before you, obeying you in the marriage covenant. Let these words hold true meaning in our relationship, “, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part,” In scripture it says, “I ask that we love one another. And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love. “1 John 1:5-6
5. The Finding in the temple – PIETY: In our marriage Lord, it will be like Mary and Joseph who were seeking out Jesus; we will seek and find what it will take to be obedient to you. We will honor our vows and be loyal and loving to our spouse. Dear Lord as Mary and Joseph found you where you rightfully should be, in your Father’s house; I ask that you guide our marriage Lord to be rightfully where it belongs in the words of our vows said before you. We know it won’t be easy and like Mary and Joseph, we may run franticly looking; but we trust Lord that you will lead us back to you where we made those vows. In scripture we read, “He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” Luke 11:28
Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr. SFO
Today we pray the Joyful Mysteries
1. The Annunciation
2. The Visitation
3. The Birth of Jesus
4. The Presentation in The Temple
5. Finding of Jesus in the Temple
LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
MY FIRST BOOK. More to come…https://www.amazon.com/Marys-Way-Cross-Rosary-Man-ebook/dp/B079TJZFQJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519240799&sr=8-1&keywords=rosary+man+jim