Sunday, October 23, 2011

Love The Lord Your God

Beads of Joy 10-23-11

Love The Lord Your God
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everybody,

I hope it’s not just me, but I really love Jesus’ words in today’s gospel. “And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets." Matthew 22:37-40, honestly that is most of today’s reading. Today we are reflecting upon Matthew 22:34-40 (Questioning, The Greatest Commandment of All). You know for the most part, the Pharisees aren’t always spoken of in the best light when the bible speaks of them, mostly because they were hypocrites in much of what they were saying. But I didn’t bring them up for that reason; rather I’d like us to reflect one really wonderful part of who they were in our biblical history. Yes they were prideful in that they spent their entire life studying and the Law of Moses, and their precepts, and a whole bunch of writings written by rabbis of their time. Honestly staying away from the “pride” thing that is awesome. I really like that part of who they were. As do I personally love and respect our Jewish sisters and brothers; so many of them really live by their faith and they live their lives in such a way, that their choices are based on their faith. I have been sharing that with Chrissy and a few others these past twenty five years. When I say all of this I can’t help but think of this, “Our Life’s Purpose”... Does that make sense? We all should be focused on why we are here, and how can we be best prepared for eternity.

How we live our lives here on this earth, will direct us to where we will and shall spend eternity. So knowing and understanding that, will help us know who we are in Christ, and that makes all the difference in the world for us. I will stand on my soap box and preach more about living a life solely devoted to Jesus, but before I do that, check out this quote that really focuses on today’s gospel.

Therefore the first commandment teaches every kind of godliness. For to love God with the whole heart is the cause of every good. The second commandment includes the righteous acts we do toward other people. The first commandment prepares the way for the second and in turn is established by the second. For the person who is grounded in the love of God clearly also loves his neighbor in all things himself. The kind of person who fulfills these two commandments experiences all the commandments."
~Cyril of Alexandria

Let’s face it, the more we know something or someone, the more we will like or even love it. With Jesus and our Blessed Mother for me, life is perfect. Yes like most of us, we as a family have our share of challenges, disappointments, impossibilities, etc. And yes we have in our lives at times difficult people that surround us. But know that with even all that said, at least for me; having a life saturated with Jesus and our Blessed Mother and the Rosary couldn’t be more perfect. I find no serious interest in virtually anything other than my Lord and His Mom through the Rosary. And with that as my foundation, it draws me to the Word, and Mass, and Eucharistic Adoration, The Stations of The Cross devotion, and so much more.

I invite everyone to empty their lives of all that is meaningless (by meaningless I mean anything that totally consumes you and serves no eternal purpose); and focus more than ever on Jesus, either in personal prayer time, daily Mass, the Rosary, Stations of The Cross, whatever you maybe be particularly drawn to, or that draws you closer to Jesus. I am engulfed and I know sometimes it’s been overkill with my own personal choices and desire to stay fully focused on Jesus through the Rosary in my life. But just to set the record straight, I love it!!!! And I wouldn’t live my life any other way…

Jesus, I trust in You.”


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr. SFO

Today we pray the Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection
2. The Ascension
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit
4. The Assumption
5. The Coronation