Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Our Daily Walk - Joyful 2/5

Beads of Joy 10-04-11

Our Daily Walk – Joyful 2/5
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Joyful Walk - 2/5

Hello Everyone,

Yesterdays blog sure was powerful. I hope that today has the same cleansing feeling that helps draw you ever so much closer to our Lord. Today we reflect on the second Joyful Mystery - The Visitation. Once again Mary is giving of herself to others and their needs, beyond what we talked about yesterday, with all that she is carrying in her own cross. Mary is such an incredible example for us. Today as we reflect on the second Joyful Mystery, what are seeing here? Let me tell you what I see: I see a woman who is dealing with her own challenges, reaching out to another who is also in the midst of something she don't fully understand, and who is elderly. Today let us consider helping others who are in need of keeping their own dignity through challenging unexplainable times, both good and bad. And let us also look at the love and support network that Mary and Elizabeth were essentially starting. What an absolutely incredible example for us to follow, and we do follow that. It is so crucial that all of us unite in times of trials and challenges, not only to help one another through them, but to help one another beyond them.

What kind of companionship and comfort do those in need seek? That sometimes is the question that don't have an answer, and that creates an acceptable roadblock that stops so many of us from doing anything. I know our hearts want to, but without direction or ideas, or some simple formula, we stop dead in our tracks. Here are some thoughts from me, I know many of you out there who are suffering, even worse than Chrissy’s, and you are silent. You know who you are. I won't mention your name, as you asked me to keep your suffering a secret. I am to understand it is your gift to Jesus. What a blessing you are to our community, you who I speak of, I promise you will not be revealed; but what I will say to everyone, is that we have a saint in our midst. Actually a couple of saints who ask me to tell no one of their suffering. So back to what can we do? The biggest and greatest thing is prayer. I know that sounds so simple, it's not any sacrificial type of doing or giving to another. But understand that "prayer" on your behalf speaking to God for someone else, is truly one of the most precious gifts you could ever give another. The value cannot be matched by anything this world has to offer as a gift. But know this, if you are praying for others, TELL THEM!!! That is the icing on the cake that helps a hurting heart and aching body, a suffering illness. What good is a gift if the receiver doesn’t even know about it?

How can anyone be grateful, or thankful, if they have no clue that someone, anyone out there is begging for mercy for them before God? Praying for their healing, or their health, or a job to help get the family stable again. I wouldn't say sound the trumpet, but at least share the fact one on one with that person. I always share that gift with others. Just give all the glory to God. So what else can we do to help comfort? I think in my heart that prayer is the greatest thing we can do, but yes there are other things, if you can. Drop by, just to say hi. Don't put the person you are seeing out, by expecting a meal. Just drop in, give a hug, say some words of encouragement; it's also a great time to tell them face to face that they are in your prayers. Seeing another smiling and looking into your eyes as you suffer offers you so much strength. Call; yes call that person, just to say, "Hi, how are you feeling?" Knowing that someone is thinking of you makes you feel so good, you don't feel alone. Even send a card, a letter, little gifts of love, fresh baked cookies. Whatever, as long as it is from the heart.

In our current situation Chrissy’s in pain a great majority of the day. She enjoys hearing from friends, family, and even people she don't know. She reads my wall a lot, and says, "Who's this?, who's' that?" Sometimes I know them personally, other times I don't. She gets so thrilled to see and read how so many people care about her, even with not knowing her personally. Love and concern for another doesn't always have to be expressed in gifts, or calls, or even dropping in. So there's another very kind simple way to comfort Someone. At least on facebook, a simple kind note on a wall. I hope today has given you a little bit of insight as to how we to can be like our Blessed Mother when it comes comforting another. I can only pray that our Lord uses me to whatever He so desires to help draw you closer to be more like Him.

Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr. SFO

Today we pray the Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony in the Garden
2. The Scourging at the Pillar
3. Crowing with Thorns
4. Carrying of the Cross
5. The Crucifixion of Jesus