Thursday, October 27, 2011

Our Daily Walk - Glorious 4/5

Beads of Joy 10-27-11

Our Daily Walk - Glorious 4/5
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Glorious Walk - 4/5

Hello Everyone,

What an absolutely glorious mystery for us to celebrate. I adore our Blessed Mother so much, but I think everyone pretty much knows that about me. Today we reflect on the fourth Glorious Mystery - The Assumption. Tradition says that Mary was taken to Heaven both body and spirit. As St. Paul has referred to the body as the temple of the Holy Spirit, we can reflect upon Mary's body. And we plainly see that she who bore the Son of God, was most certainly a temple for God's Son. It is only fitting that her body be lifted to Heaven. For how can the Son of God be born in an unworthy unholy vessel. She had to be pure and perfect, for the blood and nourishment that ran through her body ran through our Lord's infant body. Today let us reflect on the dignity of life, not only at conception, but all the way to our natural death. Everyone deserves to live a life that is respected and protected. What right do we have to decide who should live and who should die, only God can do that. I do realize now that the government wishes to be God over all of us and decide that. LOL. Ok, I won't go there. There is no place for politics when it comes to my Lord, and His precious Mother.

It's clear that we have been born for a couple reasons. I have spoken of them in other blogs, but we have also been born to spend eternity with God in Heaven. Our bodies have to be treated respectfully and with some sort of dignity. If we are only destined to spend a life here and then die and be buried, and that's it. How sad it is for those who believe that, this life must be such a hindrance to those who end at the end of life. I hear stories from people I know personally who now say we were created by aliens. ??? Yes I am serious. This world is so dead said against God, that they would rather pic something that don't exist than agree that Almighty God created all things and God decides where we will spend our eternity. Maybe they are scared of judgment day. Who knows either way atheist of believe life must be respected and protected. Another strange conversation (I think I may have told this story, I know I told Jan). At work our very liberal co-worker insists that abortion is between a woman and God. And she said she believes in God and that we are all God's children. Now either she is on some serious drugs or I am, that don't make any sense. I asked, well if you believe in God and we are all God's children, what right do we have to kill one of His children? Dead silence... no answer. No surprise there.

How can we respect human life? How about starting with just being nice and respectful towards others, and having a genuine concern for others before ourselves. I think that's a wonderful way for us to start. No one deserves to be treated rudely or mean. Disrespect or arrogance towards another is just mean. You obviously have no concern for that individual if you treat someone like that. I know when we speak of respect human life we usually mean stopping abortions and stop killing off our elderly. I also see it as to how we treat one another. Thinking of others as more important than yourself is so important. Scripture is very clear, "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3. Could you imagine what kind of a world we would live in if so many more people really lived that verse in their lives; and if those who serve the people in local and national government would have that as their motto. Wow. Selfishness and empty conceit only offend those around you; you absolute disrespect those you treat that way. Another wonderful verse is, "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29.

So here's what we should do. How about everyday from now on, we only speak nice things about and to people we know and even don't know. Just a thought. I know we as Christians are overflowing with kindness and love, this should come easy to so many of us. No more words that bite into someones heart or soul. Instead compliment something on everyone you meet all the time. It's easy, if we stay tuned to W-GOD. If you say, "Oh my this person is so mean, and so rude to me, I can't find one single thing I like about them." and you are serious, because maybe they treated you harshly or they were mean to you and maybe still are. Well today I challenge you when you see that person to compliment their hair, or the shirt they are wearing or shoes or boots; maybe they have a really cool car or maybe its painted a super cool color. The key: be nice, not phony, be sincere. And as I always say, if in doubt and you really want to do this, place all your trust in Jesus and pray. "Jesus, I trust in You"


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Luminous Mysteries

1. Baptism of Jesus
2. Wedding at Cana
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom
4. The Transfiguration
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist