Friday, June 21, 2013

Treasures In Heaven

BEADS OF JOY 06-21-13
“Matthew 6:19-23”
©2013 James Dacey, Jr. OFS


Gospel: (Matthew 6:19-23 / Treasures In Heaven)

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. "The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is sound, your whole body will be full of light; but if your eye is not sound, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!


Reflection: My Friends,


Do you store up treasure in Heaven, where those treasures for eternally last? Think about this for a moment: What in this world can you keep in place that will never rust, never be stolen and will never lose its value? I guess that was a rhetorical question, the answer is Nothing!! Nothing on the planet has eternal value, literally nothing. Spiritually reflecting that is so exciting. So what this scripture is saying in a roundabout way is this: In order for us to have the freedom and ability to grow spiritually and closer to Jesus, we must not attach ourselves to anything here; because nothing here has the ability to continue to Heaven with us.

Now how realistic is it to attain Heavenly Treasures? And then how do you enjoy these treasures after you have died? Those thoughts confuse many worldly people, and they never seem to understand the Spiritual life. I’ll help you out with ways I store MY TREASURES in Heaven.. Yes MINE.. LOL. What do I store in Heaven and yet I have here on earth to enjoy?

My Eternal Treasures in My Heavenly Account:
My Account# allthingsjesus=eternity
~My Love for the Trinity (Father, Son & Holy Spirit)
~My Love for the Blessed Mother and the Rosary.
~My Prayer life (my communication w/God)

~My Bible Study (God’s Word is Eternal)
(This world has no power whatsoever to take any of these things from me, and in the end even death cannot take them away from, rather death only compliments these incredible treasures.)

Pondering these thoughts today:
How do you see your life? Where are you storing your treasures? Do you know “Spiritual Wealth” will lead us to eternal freedom while “Material Wealth” is corrupt, misleading and will steal our eternal life away? What is your reality? Our sight is easily blinded and blurred by moral stupidity and a spirit that is blind. Other ways our vision gets distorted is most certainly by prejudice and selfishness.

My friends I end with this thought: Live your life for God’s truth alone, bury yourself in His Word; unite with His Mother –Praying The Rosary every single day and spend as much time as you can with Jesus on the brain, always!!!


Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS