Sunday, August 11, 2013

Top Priority ~ WORLD PEACE !!!

BEADS OF JOY 08-11-13
“Top Priority ~ WORLD PEACE!!!”
©2013 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,

Some of you might agree and some of you might disagree with the way I look at things, but I must say a lot of my influence comes from our Holy Father. There are approximately 41,000 Christian denominations, most can be verified, but many can’t. When it comes to religion in general there are about 4,200 different kinds of “faith” around the world. I’m not a theologian and its okay I’m not seeking an education in the exact differences between all the religions of the world.

In today’s blog I wish to emphasize this: We must have as our Top Priority ~ WORLD PEACE!!! Let us seek World Peace with our mutual love and respect for one another -and with that said, let us respect what others believe also. This is my choice, my journey. I am a die-hart Roman Catholic. I know my faith and I know what I believe and what I don’t believe. I can’t be swayed away from my faith. Saying that I say this, “Everyone one of us, good, bad, evil, all of us have been made in the image of God; Judas was made in the image of God. We are all His children, and we have no place in our lives to judge anyone. Of cause we know the difference between right and wrong and yes we know what sin is; but we must not judge others, that’s God’s job. Our lives must be spent focusing on our Lord, loving Him, praising Him, thanking Him and most importantly sharing Him with others.”

WORLD PEACE
Let us look to Pope Francis I for guidance and direction in this matter of Peace. Pope Francis said, “Peace to the whole world,” later in this message from St. Peter’s Basilica on Easter he said, “
Let the risen Jesus enter your life,” the pope told worshippers before the service via his Twitter account. “He will receive you with open arms.”


Pope Francis I further said on June 2, 2013, This morning I celebrated Holy Mass with several soldiers and with the parents of some of those who died in the missions for peace, who seek to further reconciliation and peace in countries in which so much fraternal blood is spilled in wars that are always madness. ‘Everything is lost in war. Everything is gained with peace’. I ask for a prayer for the fallen, for the injured and for their relatives.”

I highly recommend and suggest you spend some time reading and mediating on the words of the Holy Father. One day I can see He become a Saint. His words are filled with so much wisdom. Her are a few examples of Pope Francis I leading us.

CLOSE TO JESUS IN TIMES OF TROUBLE
Remain steadfast in the journey of faith, with firm hope in the Lord. This is the secret of our journey! He gives us the courage to swim against the tide. Pay attention, my young friends: to go against the current; this is good for the heart, but we need courage to swim against the tide. Jesus gives us this courage! There are no difficulties, trials or misunderstandings to fear, provided we remain united to God as branches to the vine, provided we do not lose our friendship with him, provided we make ever more room for him in our lives. This is especially so whenever we feel poor, weak and sinful, because God grants strength to our weakness, riches to our poverty, conversion and forgiveness to our sinfulness. The Lord is so rich in mercy: every time, if we go to him, he forgives us. Let us trust in God’s work! With him we can do great things; he will give us the joy of being his disciples, his witnesses. Commit yourselves to great ideals, to the most important things. We Christians were not chosen by the Lord for little things; push onwards toward the highest principles. Stake your lives on noble ideals, my dear young people!” ~From his homily on April 28, 2013


QUEST FOR HOLINESS
Draw always from Christ, the inexhaustible wellspring; strengthen your faith by attending to your spiritual formation, to personal and communitarian prayer, and to the liturgy……Advance with determination along the path of holiness; do not rest content with a mediocre Christian life, but let your affiliation serve as a stimulus, above all for you yourselves, to an ever greater love of Jesus Christ.” ~From his homily on May 5, 2013


 MORE INSIGHTFUL QUOTES FROM POPE FRANCIS I
We are enclosed in a narcissistic and consumerist prison
…The real power is love, that which empowers others, that which arouses action, that which no chain is able to hold back, for even on the Cross or on the death bed one is able to love. One does not need youthful beauty, nor recognition or approval, nor money or prestige. Let love simply bloom… and it is unstoppable.” May 2012

When we journey without the Cross, when we build without the Cross, when we profess Christ without the Cross, we are not disciples of the Lord, we are worldly: we may be bishops, priests, cardinals, popes, but not disciples of the Lord.” March 14, 2013

Pope Francis I -first encyclical “The Light of Faith” he wrote this in paragraph 16 when describing the greatest sign of love: “If laying down one’s life for one’s friends is the greatest proof of love (cf. Jn 15:13), Jesus offered his own life for all, even for his enemies, to transform their hearts. This explains why the evangelists could see the hour of Christ’s crucifixion as the culmination of the gaze of faith; in that hour the depth and breadth of God’s love shone forth.” Brilliant... I love the way he focuses so much on being so much like Jesus.


REACHING OUT
Pope Francis said: “The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! 'Father, the atheists?' Even the atheists. Everyone! And this Blood makes us children of God of the first class. We are created children in the likeness of God and the Blood of Christ has redeemed us all. And we all have a duty to do good. And this commandment for everyone to do good, I think, is a beautiful path towards peace. If we, each doing our own part, if we do good to others, if we meet there, doing good, and we go slowly, gently, little by little, we will make that culture of encounter: We need that so much. We must meet one another doing good. 'But I don't believe, Father, I am an atheist!' But do good: We will meet one another there.”
And in answering a question about reports of homosexuals in the clergy, the pope answered, "If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?" Compassion Jesus has taught us… Praise Jesus for bringing Pope Francis to us...


Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS