Monday, September 2, 2013

The Annunciation - Reflection

BEADS OF JOY 09-02-13
“The Annunciation - Reflection”
©2013 James Dacey, Jr. OFS


Gospel: (Luke 1:26-38 / The Annunciation)


In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. And he came to her and said, "Hail, O favored one, the Lord is with you!" But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and considered in her mind what sort of greeting this might be. And the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of his kingdom there will be no end." And Mary said to the angel, "How shall this be, since I have no husband?" And the angel said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God. And behold, your kinswoman Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son; and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren. For with God nothing will be impossible. “And Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her.”

My Friends,

Today I am taking a glance back to January of 1996. It was then that I took much time writing out reflections to each mystery in the Rosary. My passion and love for the Rosary goes beyond words for the most part. It’s been in my life, on my mind and in my heart –and most especially in my writings for over 30 years. Check this out, hope it’s helpful in your own personal Journey.

-How is the humanity of Mary brought forth in the illustration of the Annunciation?

-How has the humanity of Mary inspired me to be more open to God’s Word fully trusting Him?

-Have there been times when I was troubled by having to put God’s Word into practice –and yet fully understand that I must trust in Him?

-What have I found to be a major obstacle to living God’s Word? And how has Mary’s Annunciation been a source of strength for me so that I can be more like her?

-How does Mary’s humble background help her to be open to the God’s Request? And in what ways have I struggled with humility?

-What daily concerns and temptations keep me from doing God’s Will? How have I confronted these challenges so that I am open to God’s Request at all times?

-What recent incident has challenged my faith like no other in my life? Was I able to respond with courage, trust and an even deeper faith?

-Has Mary’s lack of knowledge and understanding played a role in my own journey of faith –allowing myself to be like her and walk in faith and trust even when I don’t fully understand?

GOD BLESS YOU !!!


Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

I also invite you to follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Rosarymanjim