Friday, April 26, 2019

Cast The Net


BEADS OF JOY 04-26-19
“Cast The Net”
©2019 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel:
John 21:1-14 (Jesus & The Miraculous Catch of Fish)
“ After this Jesus revealed himself again to the disciples by the Sea of Tiberias; and he revealed himself in this way. Simon Peter, Thomas called the Twin, Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two others of his disciples were together. Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We will go with you." They went out and got into the boat; but that night they caught nothing. Just as day was breaking, Jesus stood on the beach; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to them, "Children, have you any fish?" They answered him, "No." He said to them, "Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some." So, they cast it, and now they were not able to haul it in, for the quantity of fish. That disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, "It is the Lord!" When Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on his clothes, for he was stripped for work, and sprang into the sea. But the other disciples came in the boat, dragging the net full of fish, for they were not far from the land, but about a hundred yards off. When they got out on land, they saw a charcoal fire there, with fish lying on it, and bread. Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish that you have just caught." So, Simon Peter went aboard and hauled the net ashore, full of large fish, a hundred and fifty-three of them; and although there were so many, the net was not torn. Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast." Now none of the disciples dared ask him, "Who are you?" They knew it was the Lord. Jesus came and took the bread and gave it to them, and so with the fish. This was now the third time that Jesus was revealed to the disciples after he was raised from the dead.”

Reflection:
The whole key to these last few days of Jesus not being recognized have one thing in common. They are seeing the Risen Jesus. Think back to Tuesday’s gospel, Jesus was seen by Mary Magdalene and this is what Jesus said to her in John 20:17 “Jesus said to her, "Do not hold me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God." Now to the skeptics who still think, maybe this was just an apparition of Jesus; today Jesus sat and ate bread and fish with the disciples. This is certainly Jesus Christ risen.

"The bodies of the righteous at the resurrection will need neither any fruit to preserve them from dying of disease or the wasting decay of old age nor any bodily nourishment to prevent hunger and thirst. For they will be endowed with such a sure and inviolable gift of immortality that they will not eat because they have to, but only if they want to. Not the power but the necessity of eating and drinking shall be taken away from them... just like our Savior after his resurrection took meat and drink with his disciples, with spiritual but still real flesh, not for the sake of nourishment, but in an exercise of his power." ~St. Augustine of Hippo

Reflection: Dare I recommend or suggest something many of you probably already do? Well, ok I am going to anyway. First starters let’s begin a new habit, if this isn’t one you have already, you will enjoy this. Make it a point each day to look for Jesus in others, and ok yes include yourself. If you journal, write about them, either throughout your day or when you get home. I will guarantee from my own experiences when I was out and about in the world every single day; I seen Jesus in others 6-10 times a day easily. Diligently seeking Him out in the kind words, compassion, friendliness and sincere, really good people out there.




It Is The Lord!
by Jim Dacey Jr

My dear Jesus I surrender my life to you,
For every ounce of love, I have stored;
There is no other, that I love so much,
When I am asked I say, “It is the Lord!”

My life with You fills me with joy,
And overflowing cup, that can’t be poured;
You are my world, and all do know,
I radiate your love, saying, “It is the Lord!”

I love this life, where I can worship You,
No one can stop me, not even the sword;
You are the one I live my life for,
The love I share, “It is the Lord!”




Jesus & The Miraculous Catch of Fish



Jesus' Miracle Catch of Fish


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Friday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…



MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/