Thursday, April 7, 2011

Devout Love For God's Word

Beads of Joy 04-07-11

Devout Love For God's Word

©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

The Bible, the Bible, the Bible; God's word, scripture, the Good book, the Good News. So many names for such a blessed incredibly awesome book. This exciting book, along with my mission rosary beads are my life. I can't understand how anyone so deeply in love with Jesus would need anything else; as far as possessions to help excite and light their soul on fire.. I pray that everyone has a bible, every ones version preference is different and is fine, as long as it is an approved version and it helps you understand God's message. I collect bibles, not for personal use, but to give them away. It's great to be able to put our Lord's word into the hands of people who really want it. Our Lord leads my heart when I do give them away.

I had this quote emailed to me just recently. It didn't come with an author, but I thought it was appropriate for today's blog focus on the bible. "Did you know that when you carry “the Bible”, Satan has a headache, when you open it, he collapses, when he sees you reading it, he loses his strength, AND when you stand on the Word of God, Satan can't hurt you!" unknown author.

My Reflection: (last night's quotes)
"Take a very serious, very deliberate period of time each day; to read and meditate on God's blessed word."

"While reading His word, let us spend time reflecting; on the personal relationship we have with Him."

"God's word is exciting, it always brings a new burst of life to our day; so let's embrace our bibles."

"Stay focused on the things above; prayer and bible study are truly wonderful ways to stay 24/7 Jesus."

"Avoid TV unless it's EWTN, stop feeding our mind with pointless things; rather read your bible daily."

"Pondering Gods word through the bible; is a wonderful way each and everyday, to get closer to our Lord."

"The bible is the book of choice; there's no other book like it in the world, filled with eternal joy."

"Contemplating scripture every day, can be very exciting and fun; the Joy God's word shares is eternal."

"If there was one thing, aside from praying your Rosary that I'd recommend; I'd say, read your bible."

"The Bible (sometimes The Book, The Good Book, Word of God, or Scripture), from Greek (τα) βιβλια, (ta) biblia, "(the) books", plural of βιβλιον, biblion, "book", originally a diminutive of βιβλος, biblos, which in turn is derived from βυβλος—byblos, meaning "papyrus", from the ancient Phoenician city of Byblos which exported this writing material), is the classical name for the Hebrew Bible of Judaism or the combination of the Old Testament and New Testament of Christianity ("The Bible" therefore actually refers to at least two different Bibles). It is thus applied to sacred scriptures. Many Christian English speakers refer to the Christian Bible as "the good book". For many people, their Bible is the revealed word of God or an authoritative record of the relationship between God, the world, and humankind." Excerpt from the Mexican Missions

Today's Gospel: John 5:31-47 (Witness to Jesus)
"If I bear witness to myself, my testimony is not true; there is another who bears witness to me, and I know that the testimony which he bears to me is true. You sent to John, and he has borne witness to the truth. Not that the testimony which I receive is from man; but I say this that you may be saved. He was a burning and shining lamp, and you were willing to rejoice for a while in his light. But the testimony which I have is greater than that of John; for the works which the Father has granted me to accomplish, these very works which I am doing, bear me witness that the Father has sent me. And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness to me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen; and you do not have his word abiding in you, for you do not believe him whom he has sent. You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me; yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. I do not receive glory from men. But I know that you have not the love of God within you. I have come in my Father's name, and you do not receive me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive. How can you believe, who receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God? Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; it is Moses who accuses you, on whom you set your hope. If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote of me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?"

Questions To Ponder Today:
-Do you really know how much Joy is found in God's word?
-Are you an eager student of God's word everyday?
-How connected to scripture, do you believe we should be?
-Is being familiar with scripture important to you? Why?
(Grab your bible, open it up and take a few minutes to
glance through the old and new testaments. Wow, isn't that
incredible how God's words are pressed between these pages
.)


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Luminous Mysteries

1. Baptism of Jesus
2. Wedding at Cana
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom
4. The Transfiguration
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist