Saturday, April 16, 2011

Miracles That Really Happen

Beads of Joy 04-16-11

Miracles That Really Happen

©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Let's back this story up to last month (March) and reflect on a reflection I had, that I couldn't understand, but still accepted and embraced. For starters I think it could go without saying, both Chrissy and I have never ever once lost our faith, nor did we ever blame God or even get mad at Him. On the contrary, for the past year (exactly 12 months), we have embraced this ugly thing called cancer and thanked God for the blessings hidden inside it. Chrissy even embraced the thought that it just might take her life. We have been battling this day in and day out; I guess that goes without say, I pretty much keep our lives and these events out in the open for all to see. The "JOY" we seriously have for Jesus and His Most Blessed Precious Mother have been the strength that have kept us strong. We know so many people who asked us, "Why aren't you angry with God?" It's so simple, you see in all things that are God's will, in the end, no matter if they are "good or bad" with how we perceive it; God will get all the glory and praise, the only problem is most people can't weather the storm.

It was back in March in the midst of my own personal prayer time that I got this overwhelming inner peace (I always have that peace). But this time it was different, it focused on April. Now I already knew we were moving, I knew there would be great changes ahead; but I also know that we were still under crazy difficult, harsh stress that just never stopped. In the midst of those thoughts in prayer I just knew April was going to be our "Miracle Month". The moving part was wonderful and uplifting and exciting, but there is no miracle in that. At least not simply in the move itself. But I told everyone, over and over again what April was going to be, before April ever began. Let me be clear, God never spoke to me, I never got a memo from Him, He don't send me private emails, LOL. I simple felt His peace in my heart and that peace focused on the upcoming days of April. I honestly knew there would be miracles, but never thought it to be to this magnitude. But there is so much more to this story of trust and miracles for us in April. You will see, just stay with me and read more. :)))

Now as the month began we knew there were many unresolved health issues on the table; the possibilities of cancer in Chrissy's thyroids, damage to Chrissy's liver due to all the medication this past year, and we still weren't 100% certain with Travis, as far of the doctor giving him a clean bill of health. And we also knew that in April, the C.A.T. scan was going to determine the chemo to come for Chrissy and what the next step was going to be for her. We never ever doubted God's greatness and ability to heal Chrissy; the difference was that we were right in the midst of the storm, day in and day out. So many tears have been shed throughout all this. At the beginning of all this Chrissy and I didn't have a wonderful relationship, we have been in choppy waters between us for many years; but when we were faced with this challenge, we both put down our weapons, joined the same team together and began to fight against this horrible disease, as a team, a couple and a family. Which is truly one of the best ways to gain strength, sticking together and working together.

I seriously believe that all the negative we are faced with in life, is our chance to deepen our faith; which helps bring us closer to our Lord. God uses everything we are dealt with to His glory, we just really need to be patient and never ever give up our trusting in Him. No matter how dark the road ahead looks, know that at the end of that road, God is there with open arms waiting for you. I also feel that if you have been chosen to suffer, and the cross that has been given to you is huge and the weight is immense; and you still take it with love and you embrace it, God will bless you for your faith and trust in Him. See April has been filled with so much joy and so many miracles. First Chrissy's thyroid didn't have any cancer, then Travis got a clean bill of health from his doctor. Then the house we found was a mini replica of our other home in PA, giving a "welcome home" feeling. Then the ultimate of all ultimate miracles happened Chrissy's cancer hasn't grown or done anything during these past four months of her fungal situation. So after the C.A.T. scan was done the doctor told her, no more chemo, no more appointments, no more nothing. So he wants to see her in three months for a check up. Time to celebrate !!! And the month still isn't even over yet.

Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation
2. The Visitation
3. The Birth of Jesus
4. The Presentation in The Temple
5. Finding of Jesus in the Temple