Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What Is: The Dark Side?

Beads of Joy 07-19-11

What Is: The Dark Side?
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everybody,

I realize that is a rather odd title. But think about it, what is the dark side to you? Is it in a movie made in space, or a character that uses magic? I don’t know, I don’t see it that way. I see the dark side like this: The minute you turn your focus and your love away from Jesus and you no longer wish to love Him, honor Him and worship Him; well then you are on the dark side. Yes the room can be well lite up and no one has put any movie on the screen. The dark side, the way I see it, it is the side that does not include Jesus. Because now look at the conclusion of your life. Should you stay on the dark side and then die, standing before God in judgment He will say, “I never knew you.” In the Gospel of Matthew chapter 10, so much wisdom is shared about what Jesus tells us. Here are just a few verses from that chapter.

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” Verses 28-31

And here are the verses I just allotted to earlier: “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven." Verses 32-33

Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.” Verses 37-39, this is pretty deep stuff, I realize many will flee at these words, because their love for Jesus can never be as loyal and as deep as He requires us to be. But I will tell you, once you do as He commands us to do; you will experience levels of Joy that can never be explained in mere words. And that Joy will be an endless flow, a flow that can easily last an eternity of eternities.

This life we live is a serious time for us to prepare for eternity. We have been blessed with how ever many years to properly prepare our souls for Heaven. God knows our heart; He knows what we do in the shadows, in the closet and behind closed doors. He is well aware of every word we utter, type, text, tweet and speak under our breath. He knows that very day that we will be accountable for all our doings, good and bad. He knows when we have pride, he knows and sees our selfishness; and He even knows it when we use deceit and manipulation to hide it. None of us are saints, yes, we are saints in the makings, and I never doubted that for a moment. But we all have free-will and we all must deal with the world we live in. Is this all making any sort of sense? Jesus Christ died for you and for me, why? So that we may have eternal life, and in order that we might; He had to first pay for all our sins in full; His blood did that for us.

So now full circle back to the beginning of today’s blog: What is the dark side to you? And how might you be able to stay in the light more frequently. Who would have ever guessed, but I recommend you spend time in prayer, praying what? You ask. The Rosary of cause is where I will lead you to. Everyday our group unites in prayer in the evening, praying the Rosary together. You too can join us, or pray the Rosary any time you wish, and as often as you desire. My recommendation isn’t for everybody, but I suggest is in the midst of your day, pray the entire twenty decades. Truly, honestly, lovingly, spend time with Jesus and His Mother every day. Stay in the light of His word, His presence, His life, while hanging out with His Mother. You will soon, very quickly start to experience that Joy I was speaking about, a Joy that cannot be contained. Soon you to will be on the roof-tops sharing your Joy with everybody you meet. Yes this can happen to you. It happened to me. Back in 1983 my entire life changed, and Jesus became the center of all that I do, and His Mother became my Mother. Yes this world matters, but only if we spend the time here preparing for an eternity in Heaven with Jesus. All is lost if we miss out. Praise Jesus that we have each other, for encouragement, and guidance and assistance in helping each other stay on track. Step out in faith today, and serve only one Lord and Savior: Jesus Christ.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim(The Rosary Man)Dacey Jr. SFO

Today we pray the Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony in the Garden
2. The Scourging at the Pillar
3. Crowing with Thorns
4. Carrying of the Cross
5. The Crucifixion of Jesus