Sunday, November 6, 2011

Always Be Prepared... Period !

Beads of Joy 11-06-11

Always Be Prepared… Period !
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everybody,

Being unprepared in never a good thing, in all things. I know that’s not even an official sentence, lol. At least the Word program here is fighting me, insisting that it isn’t. No matter, the statement is true, being unprepared isn’t a good thing in anything. Think of that statement in all aspects of our lives. Do we shop for food the minute we need it? Or rather do we prepare to have food already at home, so we can cook it when necessary and of cause God forbid we can’t get out, we at least have some food in the house. Many of you may have not even thought of it that way, but it’s true; it’s just another way to be prepared. Another reflection on that thought is when we are expecting a hurricane or a bad snow storm, what do so many people rush out and do? Shop like crazy filling the house with 5 gallons of milk, 4 loafs of bread; the stores are crazy the day before a storm. I think its ludacris, but hey they are getting prepared in case they can’t get out for weeks. LOL. Today’s gospel is found in Matthew 25:1-13 (The Parable of The Ten Virgins).

What is really the most important part of life? Many will have many different answers; today I will share with you my answer. To me, the most important part of this life is being prepared for the next one, and as long as I do all I can, I hope that it is with Jesus in Heaven. I know that’s where I am preparing to go, but I also know that it’s not my call, its God’s judgment on where my eternal destination will be. We do have a merciful, loving, forgiving God, but in the end, it’s His final word that will determine our destination. So without having arrogant presumption to the facts, God will determine where it is that I will spend eternity. Now with all that said wouldn’t be wise to live a life as close to God’s will as we possibly can. I know we can’t honestly say we know God’s will in our life; at least not in a definitive statement with written proof showing us in writing what we are expected to do. I understand all that. But… We do know what pleases God and we do know that He must always come first and that our actions and our words and our choices do reflect what matters to us; and God knows and sees all these things. So with that also said, why not live a life that praises and worships Him, while we do all we can to help direct others to Him. That also helps explain why I am, where I am, today in my life.

The question here is obvious: Are you ready to meet with God, face to face? All of what we say, write and do is known to God, we can delete them out of our lives and think God won't know about this or that. He forgives and He cleans our lives up all the time when we ask Him in confession; the more we love Him, honor Him and seek to tell the world about Him, the more likely He will invite us into eternity with Him. God knows our heart, our mind, our intentions, and our ulterior motives. He knows all things; there isn’t anything we do in secret that God can’t see or know about. Are we ready to be at that banquet? Are we prepared every day? If we all do our best do live in such a way that we are ready; what an absolutely beautiful world we would be living in. I will pray for all of us, we can do this, and we can be ready for Jesus when that day comes for us.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr. SFO

Today we pray the Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection
2. The Ascension
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit
4. The Assumption
5. The Coronation