Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pre-Prayer/Reflection To My Retreat

BEADS OF JOY 6-30-12 “Pre-Prayer/Reflection”
©2012 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

Dear Lord,


Reflection and Prayer as I begin this journey: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, please refill my heart with my love for You; rejuvenate the excitement and Joy that fills my Spirit every day. Send forth Your Spirit and I shall embrace it, everything has become so overwhelming in my life; I know with your love and your understanding I will be stronger upon my return to serve you with even more love. It is You Lord, who shall renew the face of the earth. O, God who by the light of the Holy Spirit did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit that I may be truly wise and ever enjoy Your consolations. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
As I begin this journey I think of the many things I wish and pray for as this journey begins. Teach me Lord, more humility, more patience, more charity, to be more active in serving you, more gentle and more humble of heart, more thoughtful, more cheerful, and more pleasing to You my Lord. I especially ask our Lady to obtain for me the Grace I need to be even more pleasing to You, her Divine Son. And please Lord; please keep my pre-occupation with You, the Holy Spirit and our Lady alive and vibrant and even more than it already is. That part of my faith I really enjoy; being all about you. I live by what I say, "YOU CAN HAVE ALL THIS WORLD HAS TO OFFER, ITS WEALTH, ITS LUSTS, ITS THINGS; ALL I WANT AND DESIRE IS JESUS."
I also pray Lord that the Rosary, Your Rosary be my guide, may those wonderful blessed Mysteries bring my Spirit ever so much closer to You through Our Lady, Your Mother. I admire many aspects of Mary, especially:

•Mary's clear and understanding faith,
•Mary's union in prayer with the Heart of You her Son ,
•Mary's plain and courageous living out of the will of God in her life.
Thank you Lord and know that I am giving all I got to give to make the best of this most magnificent journey with You. In Your Name Lord, Amen !!!

Your son,
Jimmy (The Rosary Man)