Monday, September 17, 2012

Extraordinary Man of Faith


BEADS OF JOY 9-17-12 “Extraordinary Man of Faith”
©2012 James Dacey, Jr. OFS


My Friends,

This morning we read of a certain Centurion who demonstrated his extraordinary faith; such a strong faith that even Jesus was astonished. Today we are reflecting on Luke 7:1-10 (A Centurion’s Faith); “When Jesus heard this he marveled at him, and turned and said to the multitude that followed him, I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith." When we are seeking our Lord, not only to have our prayers answered, but in building our relationship with Him; do we seek Him confidently knowing who He really is? Are we even bold enough in our own lives to step outside of our comfort zone to seek Jesus? In direct reflection to today’s gospel, let us keep in mind this Centurion was a Roman Official seeking out after Jesus; knowing our Lord’s healing power and believing in Him in his approach. This man was taking a most daring risk with his own life to seek out Jesus. But we must note that he remained bold and did not back down, and continued to have a conversation with our Lord.

How courageous are you? Do you love those around you so much that you would approach Jesus on behalf of another, regardless of who is around when you approach Him? I have always said throughout the years, “You can rely on me spiritually, no matter what I shall always remain at my post, even if I must die here.” I am using myself as an example only to show you this; that even me, a sinner, a regular Joe with no formal education, no doctorate, nothing but pure faith in Jesus, that even I have the strength (through Jesus) to remain strong in my faith. Let us never lose heart, or ever be intimidated by what another might say; rather be strong and solid and loyal to God alone. For in the end, at the end of this life, when the smoke clears and all the noise and activities and plans and calendars of this life fade away; it’ll be just you and God standing alone together face to face. That my friends is our life’s reality, a reality we can prepare for now while we still have time.

Do you have the backbone, when it comes to your faith? Will you step out in faith boldly proclaiming your love and faith in Jesus Christ? The time is now and the place is in your heart to begin. With humility and confidence we place everything on the line and we follow a God who loves us and forgives us; and who always gives us His mercy and love no matter what we do. We must remember that God does not love us because we love Him; He loves us no matter how we feel about Him. His love for us is not based on conditions or if you do, I do; His love is unconditional at all times. Let us follow Him and love Him, by His example of unconditional love for us. God is always in charge, remembering and knowing that keeps all things in perspective. Have a great day my sister and brothers, God Bless.


Your Brother in Christ Jesus and His Most Precious Mother Mary, Jimmy (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS