Monday, October 1, 2012

My Strength Found In Prayer

BEADS OF JOY 10-01-12 “My Strength Found In Prayer”
©2012 James Dacey, Jr. OFS


My Friends,


As many of you know we have our share of families’ challenges. And of cause this economy wreaks havoc to no end on top of everything. But today I am writing a note to assure you; that in our prayerful community of our prayer ministry, I find such tremendous strength. That is why I try to keep it flowing 24/7 with an open invitation to all to join me. I pray that all of you to, like me, as you face the challenges find strength in our united prayers. Our family suffers with many tears from time to time; Chrissy don’t deserve what she is suffering with. Watching a beautiful, loving, caring mom become frail and weak before our eyes rips me apart inside. I would gladly take that cancer entirely from her lungs and jam it up in mine, and suffer for her, die need be it that be God’s will, just so she don’t have to suffer any more, ever again.

There aren’t any simple fixes to all these issues, our future path is unknown, and the outcome to so many of these issues could be devastating in their own right individually. But with that all said, know that my own personal TRUST and FAITH in my LORD is solid. I’ll correct that, it’s not just solid, it’s ROCK SOLID. Jesus alone gives me so much strength I can’t find enough words or expressions to share it to the level it rightfully deserves.

A quick little background will help you understand the gist of impact. In the past, the earlier year of our marriage and the bringing up our 5 kids was spectacular. I was in business with my dad, a 25% owner, I ran our business and my freedoms were tremendous. We had several cars, a summer home in Shohola, PA; and a brand new camper set up in a seasonal campsite in south Jersey (Port Republic, NJ), about 20 minutes out of Atlantic City. Money was never an issue; our weekend spending was beyond stupid. The money pit, even if it ran dry, always got refilled every single week. Put it this way, what I make weekly now, we use to just blow away on the weekends back then. Have you ever gone shopping and just swiped your card, and never thought for a second or even cared how much you just spent; well that’s how we use to live and spend back then. I wouldn’t say we were rich, per say; but the flow of cash was so steady that money was never ever an issue… like ever… J

God has taught me much about respecting what He has given me and my family. Back then we gave tremendously to our church and we often times helped others when they were struggling, that was always a normal part of our lives. Generosity was key, that’s why I get pissed off when I see wealthy families I clearly know who can afford to; stubbornly hoard their cash while they watch others struggle. God blesses us so that we can bless others.

Fast Forward……Now reality check, but so much thanksgiving as we struggle meeting our daily and monthly needs as a family. Chrissy’s health issues are front and center in our everyday choices and needs. Meeting her nutritional daily needs every single day is impossible and something we truly cannot maintain. She is supposed to be on a high protein diet. On top of that we have car challenges, computer challenges, food challenges and my hours at work changes way too much at times, and they are even decreasing as each week passes. No complaints and please no pity. Just facts, and the chance for me to share with all of you, how real we really are. Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts and a HUGE thank you for joining me in prayer as much as so many of you do. It’s the greatest gift you have given to me and my family.

I embrace poverty with a heart of love, I am ever thankful and grateful for the change; I'm not happy that Chrissy is suffering. The wounds that bind her, hurt me. I would die for her in a heart beat so that she wouldn't have to suffer any longer. All this worldly crap means nothing when the one you love so much is suffering. 

Jesus, I Trust in You.”

Your Brother in Christ Jesus
and His Most Precious Mother Mary,
Jimmy (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS