- Always remain focused on Jesus, always; because in the end “Jesus” is all that will matter. Always keep this thought in front of me in everything that I do. He is the one who will give us everlasting life. He is the one who gives us peace; He is the one who gives us joy, for He is Joy. In this short moment of time we have been given, let's use it wisely.
(Footnote: I am addicted to Him already I have been since 1983.. LOL)
- Daily Mass. I must return to this commitment as best as I possibly can. Since I am working nights, I am home early enough to attend 9am Daily Mass before I go to sleep. St Vincent’s is less than a ½ mile walk away.
(Footnote: I have done this so many times throughout my life, time to get back to Daily Mass)
- Everyday at my prayer time at home, look to continue adding names for those I pray for every day. Let’s make 2013 the "Year of Praying For Others".
(Footnote: Continue building a list of those wanting and needing prayer.)
- True happiness must be found in serving others. This is not just an entry in my list of resolutions; this must be JOY to its fullest, beyond the immense levels of joy I already experience in my life every day now. Joy meaning: Jesus Others Yourself. The center of all my joy must be in the service of others. I must give my life away by putting others before me. 1 John 4:20 "If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen."
- Scriptures to apply: 2 Timothy 2:15 "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth."
- 1 Peter 4:10 "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms."
- This year Chrissy and I would like to go through ALL our family photos. We have 26 years of photos to go through, literally multiple boxes of pictures. Digitally scan all of them and look into having a "homepage" of sorts for them on-line, for easy access for the kids. Also make a couple of collages of memories for the living room.
(Footnote: We have so many boxes of photos; this really needs to be done.)
- One day out of every month will be "Secret Family, Helping Others Day" this could be so much fun. Secretly find out who needs help and then together come up with a plan to drop off to them: food or money or a gift card or a mix of a bunch of things for them and their family. Help them be more encouraged through difficult times. We fully understand how that feels.
- Every single day, tell my family that I love them. Verbally or with a note, a call, a text, whatever way the message can be conveyed. Every single day!!!
exercise and dancing. Put down a plexi-glass floor in that area.
-Dacey Family Historian: This year all throughout the year, I’d like to contact, get with, swap all update information with and take lots of pictures with- all of my cousins, literally all of my cousins, on both sides of the family. Then I’d like to also plan a cousin’s get-together. Maybe a big BBQ at a park centrally located or beach area we all can get to. From this maybe we can plan to do this every year or two. I will create an information link so everyone can keep in touch with everyone.
(Footnote: I am the family historian – My Uncle Al Dacey passed the reign to me back in the 1990’s)
- Need work in this area. The past eight years or so have been very challenging and since Chrissy’s illness we have been thrown into the fire. But recently during the month of December, I will say that we have been making progress reconnecting, for the first time in years. Oddly enough I believe Chrissy’s illness is healing our relationship. 2013 needs to be a time for us to reconnect even more.
- Scripture to always apply: Matthew 7:5 "You hypocrite! First remove the beam from your own eye, and then you will see clearly enough to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Apply this passage with this approach.
- This year amongst all my friends expand my address book to include all of my on-line friends. Include: mailing addresses, email address, phone #, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Good idea for Christmas 2013 for mailing Christmas Cards. It would be incredible this year to have hundreds of Christmas Cards to send around the world.
- Seek out more friends, who are devoted to the rosary, love Jesus, and enjoy fellowship. And help many desiring to learn more who want to join us in prayer each day.
- Our Lady's Pathways Prayer Group, Staten Island, NY. Reconnect with Jerry Kelly and Carol Bulcroft; get our family involved with the prayer group, the gatherings and the events.
(Footnote: We use to be very involved with this prayer group from 1983-2000)
- Seek out Prayer Groups Nationwide to start, then expand worldwide. Reason: Connect to add their prayer needs to our list, and our prayer needs to their list, uniting all of us in prayer.
Helping Others Resolutions
- Easter 2013, secretly help out a family.
- Christmas 2013, secretly help out a family.
Beads of Joy Rosary Ministry Resolutions
- Eventually it would be nice to see all our "Friends of the Rosary" connect with all the prayer groups throughout our nation and the world. This is a huge task that is already in motion.
- Exercise. My current career is not good for my health, I need more exercise. Join Planet Fitness (Port Jervis, NY) as a family. Workout together.
- Do more research for vegetarian recipes. Looking to expand on meal ideas that are fully vegetarian, not just the usual way we always do it. And then share the recipes online through all social networks to help others eat healthier.
- Read a "new" book every month. Realistic goal is once a book is completed start the next one. Focus: Books on the life of a saint. Not only with the objective to deepen my own faith, but to also expand my inner joy with my love for our Lord and our Lady; by following the life of a saint.
(Footnote: I have done this many times in the past, it’s a good thing.)
- Revisit and restart making word games and number games again. I have many already created, time to revive them, make more and share them. This was always a lot of fun.
-LEARN SPANISH this year… Mostly for Prayer purposes; prayer groups, and discussing Jesus and our Lady. (Written and spoken ability).
- Continue my "Beads of Joy Blog" devoting more and more time to it’s topical daily Gospel focus. I'd eventually like to see this published in every Diocese publication as a syndicated monthly feature.
- On a poster board visually layout my (6) book projects that already in motion. I need a plan to one by one get them finished and published. Many years in the makings, it's time to take it to the next level. My goal by the time I am 50 years old is to be a full-time writer.
- Start seeking out places that could use a writer for articles, research and devotional studies, do all the work for free this year.
- Plan one of these book projects to be fully beneficial to Our Lady of Fatima’s Shrine. Ask Fr. Peter to consider co-authoring the book with me. We have discussed this already in the past, then Chrissy got sick and we haven’t returned to the idea, till now. All profit from this writing/ book project will go to the shrine 100% towards their debt.
See how I told you how these "resolution" lists can get out of hand. Have Fun !!
Your Brother in Christ Jesus
and His Most Precious Mother Mary,
Jimmy (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS