Thursday, January 3, 2013

Behold, The Lamb of God

BEADS OF JOY 01-03-13 “Behold The Lamb of God”
©2012 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


What are your plans in this life that God has given you? Our time here on earth is short and before you know it; you’re married, you have children, your children get married and they have children and before you know it, you are putting your teeth in the bathroom in a cup and you go to bed. LOL. Okay that was a little dramatic, but funny. And in answer to the question directed to me, no I currently sleep with my teeth, and I am not a grandpa. LOL. Humor is a wonderful gift given to us from God; every day it’s nice to plan a time for laughter. Talk to a friend that always makes you laugh or find a funny youtube video you know that makes you laugh. Seems like I am getting a little side-tracked, but I’m not; actually today’s gospel is all about directing our attention to Jesus, The Lamb of God. The intended start of today’s blog was about getting your attention. I hope it worked.

Today’s gospel can be found in John 1:29-34 (John The Baptists Testimony to Jesus). John identifies Jesus as the man he has been talking about and He is the one he was waiting for. John directs us to Jesus. Do we recognize Jesus when He is close by? Do we immediately confidently share Him with others? Jesus willingly gave up His life to save ours, by doing so He saved us and He paid for our sins.

Think of how powerful that is, I can’t for the life of me figure out why the world doesn’t get it. The penalty for our sins is death, if we confess our sins and sincerely do our best to avoid those sins we tend to be drawn to most; God knows our heart and we will be forgiven. That forgiveness was paid in full by Jesus being nailed to the Cross for us. But if we live a life purposely deleting God and Jesus and the Cross from it; there is no one to pay for the sin but ourselves. In the past I have said it this way, “When we ask God to forgive us for our sins, Jesus pays the price for the sins we have committed; but when we don’t ask God for forgiveness, we pay the price for our sins.”

So when I look at today’s gospel what do I see, what did I hear, what did I learn: Behold, Jesus the Lamb of God; be attentive as to who He is and that He is here now with us.

Jesus, I Trust in You.”

Your Brother in Christ Jesus
and His Most Precious Mother Mary,
Jimmy (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS