Saturday, April 13, 2013

My 5 Spiritual SUPER HERO'S

BEADS OF JOY 04-13-13
“My 5 Spiritual Super Hero’s”
©2013 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


I’d like to introduce you to 5 incredible men of God in my life. I believe it's so important that we have people in our lives that we LOVE and ADMIRE and spend time with. The people we spend time with is inevitably who we become. Consider your own "Spiritual Super Hero's" in your life. Jesus -YES.. Our Lady -OF CAUSE.. How about those you spend time talking to, praying with, praying for, learning from.. These are mine... and have been mine for many years.

MY 5 SPIRITUAL SUPER HERO’S

#1. Fr. Gerald Mullally –Born 05.11.50 -PASSED AWAY on 12.14.11 (friends since 1991) what can I say that I haven’t already; and that I will continue to say? He was truly one of my best friends. He was truly my brother. I was always able to contact him directly. Cell phone, text, email, Facebook, twitter. It didn’t matter. We spoke pretty most every day to some degree. He was my Spiritual Director, back when he wasn’t comfortable being one. I begged him to be mine. He agreed and I showed what to do. LOL… I always had a Spiritual Director. Eventually he became an incredible advisor spiritually for me. No matter where I was we always made time for one another. I miss so much, words won’t ever convey the loss in my heart. I can write volumes of books about all that Father and I shared.

#2. Jack McElligott -Born 01.13.25 -PASSED AWAY on 10.15.10 (friends since 1992) a very dear friend, he to, has gone to be with the Lord. I miss you Jack. Jack was a man who I spoke to, online, on the phone, and in person. One day, a few months before he passed away three years ago, (when Chrissy first got diagnosed with cancer) he said to me while hanging out in my yard, “You know Jim, I get it, and I think I really understand you now. No matter how much stress you are under, no matter how many horrible things get thrown at you, you stay upbeat and happy and joyful all the time… It’s the depths of your faith, isn’t it?” I said, “Of cause it is, it always has been.” He just smiled at me and said, “You have a wonderful gift, the gift of Joy in your heart, I am so happy for you Jim.” That was one of our last real wholesome faith filled conversations we had.


#3. Jerry Kelly –Born 11.04.45 He was 67 y/o -PASSED AWAY on 04.10.13 
(friends since 1983) The Leader of Our Lady’s Pathways prayer group. A dear close friend, he was there from the beginning, when I first gave my life to Jesus. Jerry is a true man of honor and a true man of God; his private words to me, always touched the prayers that I privately prayed. God spoke through him many times to me. His love for our Lady is the love I learned from for her. I always think of him (Jerry) when I am really into my love for Mary. I always try to emulate his love for her. I met Jerry back in 1983 just prior to him and Carol starting (Our Lady’s Pathways Prayer Group), which I joined also. He and I met at (Our Mother of Consolation Catholic Charismatic Prayer Group) at the convent. And we also together belonged to the (St. Patrick’s Catholic Charismatic Prayer Group) in Richmondtown, Staten Island.

#4. Fr Peter Calabrese 
(friends since 2002) He is the Associate Director of Our Lady of Fatima Shrine in Lewiston, NY. He is busier these days, compared to the days when I use to hang out with him and Fr. Julio at the shrine. He is living the life I would have loved to live if I were to be a priest (which I did at one point). Fr Peter was also my Spiritual Director for a while, when we lived up in Niagara Falls. He is a man of some incredible insightful wisdom. His bible studies where out of this world.  I really miss living only 6 miles from the Shrine. 

#5 Al Picogna OFS 
(friends since 2005) He is my Franciscan brother / adopted-father / dear close friend. He and I talk most every single day. He pointed out after Fr Mullally’s passing that he understands the depths of my sorrow. He said to me, “Jim, you talked about whatever was going on with you and Father, every single day we ever talked.” I was like, “I did??” Al’s insights and deeply rooted faith based life are a true inspiration to me. He is a remarkable friend, a true man of honor and an incredibly devoted dad to his daughters and their families and wonderful attentive grandfather. His family is so fortunate to have a man like him in their lives.


LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!


Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS