“The Glorious Mysteries w/RosaryManJim”
©2013 James Dacey, Jr. OFS
The Glorious Mysteries
1. The Resurrection of Jesus Christ
2. The Ascension of Jesus into Heaven
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit
4. The Assumption of Mary into Heaven
5. The Coronation of Mary as Queen of Heaven
Together let us Pray The Glorious Mysteries… I absolutely love Praying The Rosary. These past 30 years have been beyond incredible when it comes to the depths of love I have for my Lord and our Lady. These are my own personal prayers, I hope you enjoy them and use them often. God Bless You Always!!!
1. The Resurrection (Faith) Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. An angel appeared and said, "Do not be afraid! I know that you are seeking Jesus the crucified. He is not here, for He has been raised just as He said." (Matthew 28:1-10)“Dear Lord, my heart breaks for You seeing you suffer such a horrible death. Your love for me is unlike any other love I have ever known. I am so undeserving of all that You continue to give to me. In this mystery Lord I rejoice in Thanksgiving and Praise for Your mighty defeat of death. I give to You my love, my allegiance and a FAITH in You that shall last a lifetime, beyond eternity. Thank You Lord –Amen.”
(At each Hail Mary…)
1. The body of Jesus is placed in the tomb on the evening of Good Friday.
2. His soul descends into the realm of the dead to announce to the Just the tidings of their redemption.
3. Fearing the body of Jesus will be taken, the chief priests place guards at the tomb.
4. On the third day Jesus rises from the dead, glorious and immortal.
5. The earth quakes as the angel rolls back the stone, the guards flee in terror.
6. The holy women coming to anoint the body of Jesus are amazed and frightened to find the tomb open.
7. An angel calms their fears: "He is not here. He has risen as He said."
8. Jesus appears to Mary Magdalene and Peter and two disciples on the way to Emmaus.
9. That evening He appears to the apostles behind locked doors: "Peace be unto you ... do not be afraid."
10. Jesus breathes on them and gives them the power to forgive sin.
2. The Ascension of Our Lord (Hope) As Jesus blessed them He parted from them and was taken up to heaven. (Luke 24:50-53) “Dear Lord, my love has only deepened for You. And now more than ever I can see how much You love me. In this wonderful glorious mystery You have given me so much HOPE, so much to look forward to. My heart swells with love and peace and joy on this most blessed glorious day. Thank You Lord for allowing me to love Your Mother so much, she has been such a blessing. –Amen”
(At each Hail Mary…)
1. Jesus remains on earth forty days after His Resurrection to prove He has truly risen from the dead.
2. He commissions the apostles to preach the gospel to every creature, and promises to be with them forever.
3. He will not leave them orphans, but will send the Holy Spirit to enlighten and strengthen them.
4. Jesus proceeds to Mt. Olivet accompanied by His Mother and the apostles and disciples.
5. Extending His pierced hands over all in a last blessing, He ascends into heaven.
6. As He ascends a cloud takes Him from their sight.
7. Jesus ascends to take His place at the right hand of the Father.
8. What a jubilation there must be amid the angels of heaven at the triumphant entry of Jesus.
9. The wounds in His glorified body are an endless plea before the Father on our behalf.
10. The disciples leave Mt. Olivet and "return to Jerusalem with great joy."
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Zeal) Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, "Peace be with you. Receive the Holy Spirit." (John 14:15-31) “Dear Lord, You have returned to see us again, in the very room we ate our last meal together in; and You have come back bearing gifts for us. This is a most blessed mystery to celebrate. I have come to understand The Holy Spirit in such a way that my heart beats faster and my Love and Joy are deeper, deeper than ever before. When you and the Father look upon each other, and the love You share between one another -fills Your hearts, You both sigh.. that sigh, that breathe is THE HOLY SPIRIT… That is so exciting. Thank You Lord, I love You so much. `Amen”
(At each Hail Mary…)
1. The apostles are gathered in the upper room where Jesus had held the Last Supper.
2. They are persevering in prayer with Mary the Mother of Jesus.
3. A sound comes from heaven like the rush of a mighty wind, and it fills the whole house.
4. The Holy Spirit descends on each of them in the form of tongues of fire.
5. Filled with the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, they are enlightened and strengthened to spread the gospel.
6. Having lost all fear of the Jewish leaders, the apostles boldly preach Christ crucified.
7. The multitudes are confounded because every man hears them speak in his own tongue.
8. The Holy Spirit comes upon the Infant Church never to leave it.
9. That first day Peter goes forth to preach and baptizes three thousand.
10. The feast of Pentecost is the birthday of the Church, for on that day it begins to grow.
4. The Assumption (Happy Death)"Finally the Immaculate Virgin, preserved free from all stain of original sin, when the course of her earthly life was finished, was taken up body and soul into heavenly glory." (From Munificentissimus Deus (1950): DS 3903) “Dear Lord, Mary Your Mother is most precious and I am ever grateful that You have allowed me to love her so much. She is well deserved of this most glorious mystery. Not a day goes by that I don’t turn to her and love her, as she always directs me to You. A HAPPY DEATH indeed to a much loved woman who has been by Your side always my Lord. –Amen”
(At each Hail Mary…)
1. After the apostles have dispersed, the Blessed Mother goes to live with John, the beloved disciple.
2. Mary lives many years on earth after the death of Christ.
3. She is a source of comfort, consolation and strength to the apostles.
4. As she had nourished the infant Jesus, so she nourishes spiritually the infant Church.
5. Mary dies, not of bodily infirmity, but is wholly ravished in a rapture of divine love.
6. Her body as well as her soul is taken up into heaven.
7. After her burial the apostles go to the tomb and find only fragrant lilies.
8. Jesus does not permit the sinless body of His Mother to decay in the grave.
9. Corruption of the body is an effect of original sin from which Mary is totally exempted.
10. The bodies of all mankind, at the last judgment, will be brought back and united again to the soul.
5. The Coronation (Love for Mary)"We believe that the Holy Mother of God, the new Eve, Mother of the Church, continues in heaven to exercise her maternal role on behalf of the members of Christ." (From the Solemn Profession of Faith: Credo of the People of God) “Dear Lord, Mary most Blessed, Your Mother deserves to be Queen in Heaven and on Earth. Your Mother Lord, is our Mother. She always leads us to You. My LOVE FOR MARY is without measure. Each day in my Rosary I turn to her, and she comforts me as she leads me to You. A most Blessed Queen that the world shall ever know. Thank You Lord for loving her so much. `Amen.”
(At each Hail Mary…)
1. As Mary enters heaven, the entire court of heaven greets with joy this masterpiece of God's creation.
2. Mary is crowned by her divine Son as Queen of heaven and earth.
3. More than we can ever know the Hearts of Jesus and Mary overflow with joy at this reunion.
4. Only in heaven will we know the great majesty of that coronation, and the joy it gave to the angels and saints.
5. Even the angels, who by nature are greater than humans, Hail Mary as their Queen.
6. Mary shares so fully in the glory of Christ because she shared so fully in his suffering.
7. Only in heaven will we see how central the role of Mary is in the divine plan of redemption.
8. The angels and saints longed for the coming of her whose heel crushes the head of the serpent.
9. Mary pleads our cause as a most powerful Queen and a most merciful and loving Mother.
10. A great sign appeared in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS
I also invite you to follow me on Twitter: