Saturday, September 2, 2017

Not From The Father

BEADS OF JOY 09-02-17
“Not From The Father”
©2017 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Reflection: 1 John 2:15-17

On Not Loving the World
“Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.”

Reflection: On this spiritual journey throughout September, this very scripture holds great meaning in my life. That picture is a picture of a very tiny house, I enjoy very simple, very minimal stress living; owning the bare essentials along with all my rosary making supplies. Why? You ask? Well, mostly because spiritually I desire greatly to be with the Father more than anything. So, while I am here, I try my best to minimize my life’s distractions and I devote most of my time and my day to our Lord and our Lady. On a personal note of my life’s spiritual journey, it has always been that; even while working 80 hours a week and raising a family.  

Like I have always said, “All things Jesus and Mary 24/7/365.” And even Fr. Mullally use to say to me, “It’s too much Jim, you need something else in your life.” I said, “I do have the Rosary and making rosaries in my life too.” He said, “No, no, no, I mean something other than your faith, like some activity.” I explained to him that it’s not possible for me personally to do that. See I enjoy walking and working out and even cooking. But when I am home enjoying all those fantastic activities, I am praying and singing and praying my rosary while I do them. To me that is the peace and joy of my life of me spending my time with our Lord and our Lady.

I promised to give you some insight to the depths of my faith; to the deep places in my heart, few people know of. I am truly a simple person. Actual a very simple, maybe even boring person, some might say. But! Yes! I too like the bling, well at least I like to look at it. LOL. I enjoy a shiny black Mercedes or Porsche or a sprawling mansion with 15 bedrooms with an indoor inground pool. Sure, all that stuff is so pleasing to the eyes. But, when I go home, for me, a simple 2 bedroom whatever in a nice quiet neighborhood is so much more peaceful and relaxing to me.

I would rather spend my time reading my bible, making rosaries, praying the rosary or do anything or something focusing on my faith than anything else. I would hate to have to worry about or be concerned about “possessions”. My only concerns are my faith and my family and my friends. I have also been saying that for many many years; and I mean it with all my heart. Having a BBQ with some wonderful friends or spending quality time with family far exceed any desire I have for “stuff”. It’s the people and the relationships that I value the most. And my relationship with my Lord and our Lady have been the foundation of why I love that so much.

Pondering these thoughts today: As a side note to my very extreme inner spiritual focus. I have never, nor will I ever force or insist that my family do the same. I enjoy my very minimalistic lifestyle of barely owning anything so that my mind and my heart and my soul can be free to focus on Jesus and our Lady and the Rosary. But that’s just me, I respect whatever anyone else likes or prefers.



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Saturday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind & Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Saturday mornings, because Saturday like every other day of the week -begins with the Rosary.