Sunday, September 16, 2018

You Are The Christ

BEADS OF JOY 09-16-18
“You Are The Christ”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: 
Mark 8:27-35 (Who Do People Say That I Am?)
“And Jesus went on with his disciples, to the villages of Caesarea Philippi; and on the way he asked his disciples, "Who do men say that I am?" And they told him, "John the Baptist; and others say, Elijah; and others one of the prophets." And he asked them, "But who do you say that I am?" Peter answered him, "
You are the Christ." And he charged them to tell no one about him. And he began to teach them that the Son of man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. And he said this plainly. And Peter took him and began to rebuke him. But turning and seeing his disciples, he rebuked Peter, and said, "Get behind me, Satan! For you are not on the side of God, but of men. And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, “If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it."

Reflection:
What a question to begin with, but an important one we all must consider, either in private or in public. I think it’s rather remarkable that even today; two thousand plus years later, so many people have such a challenge trying to identify who Jesus is. It was through Peter’s faith that he was the first disciple to identify Jesus boldly and directly. But honestly why is it so difficult for others to say the same thing? I think I know why. Look at what Jesus said at the end of today’s passage, “If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it.” That is some heavy stuff for anyone seeking to find pleasure, success and wealth in this life. 

So, if we were to identify Jesus as Lord and Savior and we acknowledge His Lordship, our life would be different; different how? He is asking us to deny our own selfish desires of what we want, and then He said we would have to carry our own cross and while carrying that cross we are to follow after Jesus, and that’s not even the end of it, there’s more. He further said we must lose our lives, lose our lives???? Oh my, so I can’t live my life, my way, doing what I want, and what I desire when I want, with whom I want. And then He finishes that thought with, whoever loses their lives will be the ones who actually save their lives. I love this scripture!! So, let’s understand this more clearly, we must live a life totally and completely submissive to Our Lord’s wishes and Will for us, and forget our own personal desires and goals. Who on earth would want to do that? What a waste of life, what a waste of time??? NO, IT’S NOT!!! Think about it. Life here on earth is what about 50-60-70-80+ year’s long, ok maybe some will see their 90’s and even 100, then what? I think the real question is: Where do you wish to spend eternity? For where your heart is, there your treasure will be… And remember eternity is time without measure... endless.

This is indeed a very hard teaching, a scripture more than most likely no one will really even attempt to even try to live. I say boo who: Just do it!!! I promise you will never ever regret giving up pretty much everything and then devoting as much time as you possibly can to Him; in prayer, in fellowship, in sharing, writing, talking, celebrating and telling everyone of your love for Him. It was the spring of 1983 for me (35 years ago), that marked the end of the old me that lived for me and pretty much excluded Jesus from most of, if not all of my life. But a new me was born-again, not a mini-me (lol), but rather a spiritually awaken me, a very alive part of me that has made my life absolutely incredible. I am forever on cloud nine, bubbly excited, wound up, very optimistic and I always filled with tremendous joy and tremendous energy. Just the mere thought of Jesus, or Mary, or the Rosary, or scripture, or sharing my faith with others, or uniting in prayer and the excitement levels inside me reach earth shaking levels that get me all excited to share.


Mark 8:27-35
(24th Sunday in Ordinary Time)



What is the point of Eucharistic adoration?
w/ Fr. John Bartunek



Pondering these thoughts today: To begin living a life that completely, and fully puts Jesus first in all that you do, all that you are responsible for and all that you so desire. Make Him the center of your everything, every single day.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Sunday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. Assumption of Mary (Grace of a Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!




MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/