Monday, September 17, 2018

I Found Such Faith


BEADS OF JOY 09-17-18
“I Found Such Faith”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: 
Luke 7:1-10 (Healing of The Centurion’s Slave)
“ After he had ended all his sayings in the hearing of the people he entered Capernaum. Now a centurion had a slave who was dear to him, who was sick and at the point of death. When he heard of Jesus, he sent to him elders of the Jews, asking him to come and heal his slave. And when they came to Jesus, they begged him earnestly, saying, "He is worthy to have you do this for him, for he loves our nation, and he built us our synagogue." And Jesus went with them. When he was not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying to him, "Lord, do not trouble  yourself, for I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; therefore, I did not presume to come to you. But say the word, and let my servant be healed. For I am a man set under authority, with soldiers under me: and I say to one, `Go,' and he goes; and to another, `Come,' and he comes; and to  my slave, `Do this,' and he does it." When Jesus heard this, he marveled at him and turned and said to the multitude that followed him, "I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith." And when those who had been sent returned to the house, they found the slave well.”


Reflection:
This morning we read of a certain Centurion who demonstrated his extraordinary faith; such a strong faith that even Jesus was astonished. Today we are reflecting on Luke 7:1-10 (A Centurion’s Faith); “When Jesus heard this he marveled at him, and turned and said to the multitude that followed him, I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith." When we are seeking our Lord, not only to have our prayers answered, but in building our relationship with Him; do we seek Him confidently knowing who He really is? Are we even bold enough in our own lives to step outside of our comfort zone to seek Jesus? In direct reflection to today’s gospel, let us keep in mind this Centurion was a Roman Official seeking out after Jesus; knowing our Lord’s healing power and believing in Him in his approach. This man was taking a most daring risk with his own life to seek out Jesus. But we must note that he remained bold and did not back down and continued to have a conversation with our Lord.

How courageous are you? Do you love those around you so much that you would approach Jesus on behalf of another, regardless of who is around when you approach Him? I have always said throughout the years, “You can rely on me spiritually, no matter what I shall always remain at my post, even if I must die here.” I am using myself as an example only to show you this; that even me, a sinner, a regular Joe with no formal education, no doctorate, nothing but pure faith in Jesus, that even I have the strength (through Jesus) to remain strong in my faith. Let us never lose heart, or ever be intimidated by what another might say; rather be strong and solid and loyal to God alone. For in the end, at the end of this life, when the smoke clears and all the noise and activities and plans and calendars of this life fade away; it’ll be just you and God standing alone together face to face. That my friends is our life’s reality, a reality we can prepare for now while we still have time.




Faith of Centurion


Mary The God Bearer
w/ Fr. Philip Dabney, C.Ss.R.


Pondering these thoughts today: Do you have the backbone, when it comes to your faith? Will you step out in faith boldly proclaiming your love and faith in Jesus Christ? The time is now, and the place is in your heart to begin. With humility and confidence, we place everything on the line and we follow a God who loves us and forgives us; and who always gives us His mercy and love no matter what we do. We must remember that God does not love us because we love Him; He loves us no matter how we feel about Him. His love for us is not based on conditions or if you do, I do; His love is unconditional at all times. Let us follow Him and love Him, by His example of unconditional love for us. God is always in charge, remembering and knowing that keeps all things in perspective. Have a great day my sister and brothers, God Bless.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Monday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind & Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Monday mornings, because every morning begins with the Rosary.



Rosary Man Jim’s Joyful Reflection:
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-joyful-mysteries_10.html

MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/