Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Called His Disciples


BEADS OF JOY 09-11-18
“Called His Disciples”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Luke 6:12-19 (The Twelve Apostles)
“In these days he went out to the mountain to pray; and all night he continued in prayer to God. And when it was day, he called his disciples, and chose from them twelve, whom he named apostles; Simon, whom he named Peter, and Andrew his brother, and James and John, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon who was called the Zealot, and Judas the son of James, and Judas Iscariot, who became a traitor. And he came down with them and stood on a level place, with a great crowd of his disciples and a great multitude of people from all Judea and Jerusalem and the seacoast of Tyre and Sidon, who came to hear him and to be healed of their diseases; and those who were troubled with unclean spirits were cured. And all the crowd sought to touch him, for power came forth from him and healed them all.”

Reflection:
Hey! What are you doing here? No really why are you here? Ok, I’ll be more clear in my question: What has God called you to do with your life? Yes, I have asked myself this very question a bazillion times over the past 35 years. There are times I know exactly and then I go through smokey unclear times that I am uncertain. The only certainty is my faith and love for my Lord; but like many of us, the exact precious purpose at times gets foggy. I know I am here to: Love Him, Serve Him, Honor Him and Share Him and I do all I can to do those things every single new day I am given. Not one day goes by that He is not on my mind. Not one day goes by that my heart doesn’t pound harder thinking how much I love Him. Even more now, that I desire the Priesthood.

Look at the chosen twelve, they were simple men. Jesus didn’t pick scholars or elite men who were the well-spoken of His time; on the contrary, He chose ordinary everyday working men that He saw a special quality in. We are just like these men in many ways, who were unable to bring anything to the table to offer, except themselves. So, what’s holding you back from doing the same? Is there anything holding you back from giving Jesus everything you got? Every ounce of love? Every bit of energy? Ideas? The ability to reach out to others? To be His hands in mercy and love to others? Is anything you can do in His Name? I am sure there is a gift He gave you, a “talent” an “ability”. Can you share it? Can it bring Joy to others? Maybe you are a great story teller? Maybe you enjoy building furniture or crafts? Whatever it is you can ask the Lord to show you how you might do this wonderful talent for His Glory, in His Name. Do you know how I started writing? Well I will tell you… You knew this was coming. LOL

I started writing poetry in my High School senior year 1983. I don’t really know exactly what drew me to it, I did and still do love music. Lyric always intrigued me, as do words in sentences and books and stories and I love to read. So, I guess all that combined just got me writing poetry. It was short, to me it was simple, and I wrote dozens every day. Some know about my life, my family, relationships. Then in the Spring of 1983 I met Jesus. And I knew instinctly what I needed to do. Now I indeed to write poems about my Lord and my Love for Him and share them with everyone. Eventually in a very skeleton sort of way, “Beads of Joy” began in typed form monthly. LOL, wow that was way back in the day. I have hundreds upon hundreds of poems about my Love for Jesus, our Lady and The Rosary. Eventually this evolved into writing short reflections, stories, my life, my personal story, the day’s gospel, etc. And here we are today 35 years later. I trust the Lord will lead you to your talent and you will use it for His Glory. Till tomorrow. God Bless you.



Jesus Chooses His Disciples



Bishop Robert Barron on
The Calling of the Disciples


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Tuesday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…




MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/