Sunday, April 13, 2014

Happy Palm Sunday

BEADS OF JOY 04-13-14 
“Happy Palm Sunday”
©2014 James Dacey, Jr. OFS


The Passion Narrative (Matthew 26:14-27:66)
Matthew 26:14-16 (The Betrayal by Judas)
Matthew 26:17-19 (Preparations for Passover)
Matthew 26:20-25 (The Betrayal)
Matthew 26:26-30 (The Lord’s Supper)
Matthew 26:31-35 (Peter’s Denial Foretold)
Matthew 26:36-46 (The Agony in the Garden)
Matthew 26:47-56 (The Betrayal and Arrest of Jesus)
Matthew 26:57-68 (Jesus before the Sanhedrin)
Matthew 26:69-75 (Peter’s Denial of Jesus)
Matthew 27:1-2 (Jesus before Pilate)
Matthew 27:3-10 (The Death of Judas)
Matthew 27:11-14 (Jesus Questioned by Pilate)
Matthew 27:15-26 (The Sentence of Death)
Matthew 27:27-31 (Mockery by the Soldiers)
Matthew 27:32 (The Way of the Cross)
Matthew 27:33-44 (The Crucifixion)
Matthew 27:45-56 (The Death of Jesus)
Matthew 27:57-61 (The Burial of Jesus)
Matthew 27:62-66 (The Guard at the Tomb)
My Friends,
Happy Palm Sunday ! It's funny not many people say that today, though some of my friends do. Thank you everyone who does. Today is a most joyous day for us to celebrate. Today the Passion Narrative actually begins, and it begins a way that kinda makes you wonder, we start out with praise and love, all for Jesus; and not that much later this is followed by a crucifixion and hatred. Today Jesus arrives in Jerusalem, and He is welcomed with open arms, cloaks and palm are laid out on the ground for Jesus as He arrived on a colt (a colt is a sign of peace). So much joy for us to celebrate and share together. Today we can spend some time in our reflection wondering: Do we really welcome Jesus into our hearts, our lives, our homes, our conversations, our thoughts and our motives? Do we really embrace Him into our lives, I wonder do we? Or do we like those we read about in scripture turn on Jesus if what He says isn't what we want to hear? There are many questions in this paragraph. Let's take it nice and slow and even reread the scripture. He is our Teacher, and our Master. Let us embrace Him, His Word and what love He has given to us; we who are so unworthy of His love.

Jesus came into the world to die for us. It was the plan from the start, God knew it and so did Jesus. And we see by the words Mary spoke to Jesus at the Wedding at Cana that she knew there was a special plan for her Son. How can a body of people embrace and love someone so much; and then shortly after that turn against them? Jesus showed us true humility as He arrived in Jerusalem. Let us live our lives in such a way that we are humble, before God and before others. Here's a glance of the coming Passion our Lord shall endure.
Let us offer up this day to those who are rejected, and even more so those who were initially loved and then rejected. We can see how some children who are killed in abortion can even be seen in this way. I know of some people who just aborted their child because they didn't want take care of an ill child, their own flesh and blood; unfortunate even those close to me. I am so ashamed of their selfish actions of rejection. They are married and in love, and it was through their love and God’s hand that this wonderful child has been created, but in the end the child was betrayed and killed, because mommy and daddy didn’t want the expense or inconvenience of their illness in their perfect life. Sorry I regress, but I share my sincere pain at the loss of such a blessed, innocent child. Just as our Lord was betrayed by those who said they loved Him. Jesus shares with us how important it is that we, like Him forgive those who betray the innocent. It's not going to be easy by any means. I will be the first to admit it and say I will not go without stamping my feet and screaming. But through the grace of God I will forgive them. I guess it’s obvious that my story struck a nerve with me. We need to pray for the betrayers of the innocent. We have been placed in their lives to pray for them; to see the good in them that is to come.

Prayer of Forgiveness
Dear Lord, today I ask you to open my heart to learn from you, how to be more like you, in forgiving not only those who betrayed and killed you; but to forgive all those who betray the innocence of an unborn child. You know me better than I do, it's not going to be easy for me. Please help guide me even closer to you, as you give me the strength and grace to open my heart and love for everyone you have died for. For you didn't come to save only the righteous, but sinners, and all of us are sinners. Thank you Jesus for always making everything in my life be what you want it to be. I desire nothing if it is not of you. My life is perfect, even in its imperfections, because I embrace only you. Your will is mine is my life’s desire, nothing else matters. Thank You Lord, Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus. Amen.

Today’s Challenge: Make crosses with the palm. LOL that can be a challenge for many of us. I have good moments and I have moments no matter what I do, they fall apart. Have Fun. Share them with friends and family as you complete them.

Holy week begins...

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every evening Monday through Friday 9pm EST with our
"Our Lady's Rosary Text Vigil Group"


Invitations posted daily… and throughout the evening…
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim
Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

I also invite you to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest:
https://twitter.com/Rosarymanjim
http://www.pinterest.com/rosarymanjim/