Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Arise & Seek Jesus

BEADS OF JOY 03-08-17
“Arise & Seek Jesus”
©2017 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Luke 11:29-32 (The Sign of Jonah)
“When the crowds were increasing, he began to say, "This generation is an evil generation; it seeks a sign, but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of Jonah. For as Jonah became a sign to the men of Nineveh, so will the Son of man be to this generation. The queen of the South will arise at the judgment with the men of this generation and condemn them; for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and behold, something greater than Solomon is here. The men of Nineveh will arise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, something greater than Jonah is here.”

Reflection:
It is through the power of the Holy Spirit that we are awoken and arise in our hearts; the love Jesus has for us and that we should have for Him. It is not God’s desire to condemn us, rather He shows us and warns us and leads us the way we must go to seek Him out. We will be transformed through true repentance with humility and honesty as we face our sins; our true real sins for what we know they really are. Whether we admit our sinfulness or not God knows our hearts. We must confront that sin and repent; so, that we can move forward with a renewed clean heart before our Lord.

Scripture warns us many times about many things. There will come a point and time when it will be too late. This makes me think of the story of a man caught in a storm. The floods raised so high he ended up on his roof. A boat came by and they called out to him, “Come on it’s only going to get worse, we are here to save you!” The man said, “I’ll be ok God will save me.” Another boat came by and the people yelled, “Jump in we are here to save you.” The man once again said, “I’ll be ok God will save me.” Finally, the storm became too much and man died. At the pearly gates the man was in shock that he died, he said to God, “Why didn’t you save me, I had such faith that you would.” God said, “I tried to, I sent 2 boats to save you, but you refused both of them.” Are we like this man, unable to see when God is helping guide us in the right direction in our lives? Why was this man so blinded by the obvious hand of God in his life?

Sometimes it’s pride, yes, even spiritual pride that stumbles our growth. We must not only be humble, but we must use common sense in our everyday life. Adding daily prayer makes this journey of life so much more fun, tranquil and peaceful. I find that for me personally prayer is the one investment I have invested in heavily all my life. I may not have millions in the bank; but God knows my heart intimately and to me that is worth more than all the treasures on earth.

Pondering these thoughts today: There is so much to consider and so much to think about when it comes to our faith. But I got to tell you in my head it is so simple: Stay 100% fully focused on Jesus, Mary and The Rosary 24/7/365 and by God’s Grace He will lead you Home. I am not perfect I am a sinner, like all of us are. I too must listen and pay attention to warning signs and outward messages from God like everyone else. I just think if you live a life that is fully engulfed into our faith and love for our Lord, it’s just so much easier to stay focused.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Wednesday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. The Assumption of Our Lady (A Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. The Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!