Monday, March 6, 2017

God’s Love Above All

BEADS OF JOY 03-06-17
“God’s Love Above All”
©2017 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: 
Matthew 25:31-46 (Judgment of The Nations)
"When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. Then the King will say to those at his right hand, `Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'

Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?' And the King will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'

Then he will say to those at his left hand, `Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' Then they also will answer, `Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?' Then he will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.' And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Reflection:
At least we still have time, while we are still alive. What in the world am I talking about? I’m talking about the time we have, to better prepare for Heaven. On judgment day, we won’t be able to lie or make up some bogus story. We will be a place where truth, will be expected. So, why not take this time now to more properly prepare for Heaven? Our eternal life is very valuable and our time here is the only place we can prepare for it. So why not put this time to good use.

We must have the faith to fully entrust everything that we are to Jesus. The Holy Spirit has been given to us to help us, to guide, to lead us to our Lord. If we are wise, we will allow the Holy Spirit to cleanse our hearts and minds; so that we can have the strength and grace to follow Jesus as Jesus wants us to, with a pure heart and spirit and life pleasing to Him.

“When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” ~John 8:12

We must truly, sometimes bravely, follow Him. The ways of this world do not lead and will not lead us, to eternity in Heaven with Jesus. With that said, we must focus on living a life that is filled with the light of Jesus filling our hearts. He alone will be the reason we go to Heaven. No one and nothing in this life will get us there. Having a true devoted allegiance to Jesus is the best first step in moving forward as you stay focused living a life that is pleasing to Him.

Pondering these thoughts today: Our love for God must come first above all, unselfishly, humbly put God first. St. Augustine of Hippo once said, "Essentially, there are two kinds of people, because there are two kinds of love. One is holy, the other is selfish. One is subject to God; the other endeavors to equal Him." To the best of our ability with every fiber of our being, we must really try to live a holy life. I suggest filling your time with prayer, scripture, fellowship and interests that only connect you with Jesus.



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Monday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind and Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love mornings, because every morning begins with the Rosary.



Rosary Man Jim’s Joyful Reflection:
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-joyful-mysteries_10.html