Tuesday, August 7, 2018

He Said, “Come”


BEADS OF JOY 08-07-18
“He Said, “Come”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Matthew 14:22-36 (Walking On Water)
“Then he made the disciples get into the boat and go before him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowds. And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone, but the boat by this time was many furlongs distant from the land, beaten by the waves; for the wind was against them. And in the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. But when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were terrified, saying, "It is a ghost!" And they cried out for fear. But immediately he spoke to them, saying, "Take heart, it is I; have no fear." And Peter answered him, "Lord, if it is you, bid me come to you on the water." He said, "Come." So, Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus; but when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me." Jesus immediately reached out his hand and caught him, saying to him, "O man of little faith, why did you doubt?" And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God." And when they had crossed over, they came to land at Gennesaret. And when the men of that place recognized him, they sent around to all that region and brought to him all that were sick and besought him that they might only touch the fringe of his garment; and as many as touched it were made well.”

Reflection:
This miracle teaches us this, and I can personally attest to it: Our faith is tested by the storms of life; and if we can only see past the wind and rain and the flood and see Jesus’ hand reaching out to us to help us, to assist us, to comfort us. The key gem in today’s gospel that I got out of it is, that we must take our eyes off the storm and focus on Him and if we don’t see Him immediately. We must seek Him out all the time throughout our lives. Don’t waste your energy or your time sinking in the waters of self-pity and discontent; instead focus all you have inside of you on Jesus, and by doing so He alone will give you the strength and ability to stand and get through the storm.

Something else I noticed in today’s gospel. Jesus had no fear in the troubled waters; in fact, He even accepted Peter’s challenge to invite him out into the water. Jesus knew that if Peter was with Him and if Peter kept his eye on Him, he would be fine. That is absolute incredible faith, in that no matter what the situation is, no matter how bad it gets, no matter how bad it looks; as long you step forward, while staying completely focused on Jesus, you will be fine. This is most encouraging.

Life throws us some horrific storms, some tear us apart, some put us in the hospital and some even physically damage us for the rest of our lives. How are we to respond to this? Well we could have a pity party. I have had many of them, I found out that not too many people like to come to them, when I did have them. But I was awoken Spiritually and realized how selfish I was, on many occasions of sorrow. So, what did I do? I buried my head in prayer and bible study (reading God’s word more.) … Did that solve everything? NO! But what it did do, was begin to calm the storms of crazy stress in my life because my focus was on Jesus and no longer on me. I hope that helps my sisters and brothers. I find this full focus life of faith to be so much more fun, so much more calm, so much more focused.


Jesus Walking On Water


Bishop Robert Barron
How do we know we are encountering God?


Pondering these thoughts today:
Act of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen. (EWTN)

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Tuesday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…



Follow Me on Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/rosarymanjim/

MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/