Thursday, June 28, 2018

The Floods Came


BEADS OF JOY 06-28-18
“The Floods Came”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Matthew 7:21-29 (The Two Foundations)
“Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works  in your name?' And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.' "Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock; and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand; and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it." And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes.”

Reflection:
Ok here we go… Homebuilder’s, carpenters, electricians, brick layers and I know, so many others, lend me your ears (Yes, I’ll give them back! lol). Today Jesus taught a parable you might want to read. I’m only going to reflect on His teaching. I personally never build a house, at least not with a hammer and nails. I’ve draw homes (and built scaled models with balsa wood) on an architectural level including all building requirement specifications; so, I have some simplistic semi-educated knowledge about the structure of a buidling. I did all that throughout High School and my first year of College. My initial career choice was to be an Architect. So, home design (foundation to chimney top) was something I loved since I was a teenager.

Building a house takes great planning, it’s not only a floor plan and a bunch of pictures of what the future inside will look like; the location must also be considered. And when you pick the location, you must take into consideration the seasons, current and past. Even though it may look beautiful today, maybe three years ago there was a flood in the very spot you have chosen. I’m sure you are wondering, what does all this have to do with our faith? I thought the same thing to, the very first time I heard this scripture. But think about it. The basic concept here is the “foundation” and what your house is built upon.

What is your house built upon? YOU, your heart, your ulterior motives, your desires, your intentions, your choices; the very character of who we are. That my sisters and brothers is our foundation. The house that is built upon it, is our words, our sincerity, our gestures, our faith, our intentions, our motives and our actions. Do you speak out of the both sides of your mouth? Do you know what that means? It means on one side you say one thing and then on the other side you say and do the complete opposite. God sees that. He knows the Character of His children. We must build our lives on a solid foundation of faith and keep our house in order. If we say we are Christians and we care for others and love our Lord; then we need to live a life that reflects just that. We must say and do what we mean and live by what we claim we live by. There are way too many phony people in the world today! Don’t be one of them! Turn to Jesus and promise Him your honest, reliable self and live a life pleasing to Him; while helping and serving others with His hands and His love. God loves you all. See you tomorrow.

“Our words matter, for the very words we speak; come from the very foundation we are built upon.” ~me

The Wise and Foolish Builders


Pondering these thoughts today: It is our very foundation that gets us through the storms of life. If you build it strong and deep, you will be able to withstand the fiercest of storms. Look at all Chrissy and I endured together. Nothing shook our house of faith, nothing made us mad at God, nothing stopped us from praising and loving Him, through all those days of our suffering. I still remain solid in my faith and the battles continue, but have lessened. Nothing will shake me, not even a gun to my head, telling me to deny Jesus or die. In that situation I chose death. How solid is your foundation? How strong is your faith? How sincere is your allegiance to our Lord? Be Bold in your faith, don’t be scared.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Thursday: We pray the Luminous Mysteries:

The Luminous Mysteries

1. The Baptism of Jesus (Matt 3:13-17)
2. Wedding Feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:15)
4. The Transfiguration (Mark 9:2-13)
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist (Matt 26:17-30)

Glory and Honor and Praise -Lord Jesus Christ!!



MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/