Saturday, June 30, 2018

Lord, I Am Not Worthy


BEADS OF JOY 06-30-18
“Lord, I Am Not Worthy”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,

Chrissy always turned to Our Lady for strength. 

Today’s Gospel: Matthew 8:5-17 (Many Were Healed)
“As he entered Capernaum, a centurion came forward to him, beseeching him and saying, "Lord, my servant is lying paralyzed at home, in terrible distress." And he said to him, "I will come and heal him." But the centurion answered him, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; but only say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to one, `Go,' and he goes, and to another, `Come,' and he comes, and to my  slave, `Do this,' and he does it." When Jesus heard him, he marveled, and said to those who followed him, "Truly, I say to you, not even in Israel have I found such faith. I tell you, many will come from east and west and sit at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness; there men will weep and gnash their teeth." And to the centurion Jesus said, "Go; be it done for you as you have believed." And the servant was healed at that very moment. And when Jesus entered Peter's house, he saw his mother-in-law lying sick with a fever; he touched her hand, and the fever left her, and she rose and served him. That evening they brought to him many who were possessed with demons; and he cast out the spirits with a word and healed all who were sick. This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah, "He took our infirmities and bore our diseases."

Reflection:
Are you too proud, too honorable, too well off that you can’t ask our Lord for a healing? Well, are you? Some things need to be asked bluntly. Think of this and I don’t say it lightly; the more we take care of ourselves the better we are to take care of others. Yes, we must continue to focus on others. Please try to keep your eyes off of yourself. We all are guilty of that from time to time, some more than others. But if we practice it day by day it will become more and more a part of who we really are. I’m not yelling, just calmly typing, note, I didn’t even use caps. LOL. That’s me just laughing out loud, by the way. I am really very light hearted, and I really hope you enjoy these reflections each day.

We must know where demons can lurk and do all we can to avoid them. Where, you ask? They lurk in the gallows of sin and selfishness. Just as we must know and recognize Jesus’ voice and know Him; as you have read in several different recent scriptures the demons know exactly who Jesus is, “You are the Son of God!" the real question is, why don’t some of us know Jesus like that? We must spend more time in His word, spend more time in His presence in Adoration, spend more time in prayer with Him. The more we spend time with Him, the more we will know Him.

Jesus never turns anyone away. We (our family) has been through a lot and we have suffered. Well, Chrissy suffered the most, she was my wife, for those who don’t know, we were married 30 years. Since May of 2010 she suffered with Stage 4 Lung Cancer, by God’s strength she lived almost 6-years with this horrible illness. He blessed us with her love, her presence, her strength, her patience and her wisdom. My Aunt Ann had the exact same lung cancer many, many years ago, she didn’t even live 2 years. Chrissy did suffer tremendously, even more towards the end. She lost too much weight in the end, dropping to 111 lbs. We never expected her to be here as long as she was, we are ever grateful for God’s mercy. So, we must recognize miracles and blessings; even when they are covered in pain and suffering. If we focus on the negative, we will find the negative; but if we focus on Jesus we will find Jesus.

The Faith of a Centurion
(with Ernest Borgnine)

Pondering these thoughts today: Verse 8, “But the centurion answered him, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; but only say the word, and my servant will be healed.” Now we see where that comes from when we say that in Mass. “Lord, I am not worthy for you to enter under my roof but say only the word and my soul shall be healed.” How do you personally connect with these words in the Mass, when you are praying them before you receive? Has the meaning changed for you in your life over time, what caused the change?

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Saturday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind and Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Saturday mornings, because Saturday like every other day of the week -begins with the Rosary.




Special prayers for Fr. Kevin Scallon and his family, the priest's voice on these videos. I learned that he recently passed away. (at the age of 80)

Rosary Man Jim’s Joyful Reflection:
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-joyful-mysteries_10.html

MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/