Saturday, June 16, 2018

The Throne of God


BEADS OF JOY 06-16-18
“The Throne of God”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Matthew 5:33-37 (Teachings About Oaths)
“Again you have heard that it was said to the men of old, `You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.' But I say to you, Do not swear at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. Let what you say be simply `Yes' or `No'; anything more than this comes from evil.”

Reflection:
How difficult is it to speak the truth? How difficult is it to know the scriptures? How difficult is it to immerse your heart, soul and mind into God’s Word and become so familiar with it, that referencing it and even knowing the surrounding scriptures becomes easier and easier? I have a method of my own design, that might interest you. I have been using this method in my own life for many decades, so about 5 years ago I finally shared it. I am in the midst of writing a booklet all about it.

For starters let’s back up a bit. Let’s understand that in order to “download” good solid truth and scripture into our hearts; little by little we must change our ways of absorbing so much that is of a bad influence in our hearts, our minds and our soul. Many, many years ago; in 1983, I read the entire and then I was so taken by how exciting reading it was I began really get into wanting to absorb scripture more and more into my life. Then I wrote out (copied by pen and paper) the gospels and The Acts of The Apostles. There is a little I learned back when I was a kid in the 70’s. “Garbage in – Garbage out” It meant whatever garbage you were watching or learning, inevitably it would come out of your mouth or your way of thinking. That’s another huge reason why I don’t drink any form of alcohol or smoke anything.

So, after dig deep into scripture I came up with an idea that worked well with me. And this plan may work with you. Even if only once in a while or one week a month. The objective is to become so familiar with scripture that you sincerely, honestly, deeply fall in love with God’s Word. Look at the link below in my pondering to learn more.

Matthew 5:33-37 Teachings About Oaths


Pondering these thoughts today: Is God’s Word melted into your mind and heart? When you speak; do you think before you speak? Do you allow the Holy Spirit to lead your heart and mind and words to be edifying to our Lord? or Do you speak with a tongue of hatred and anger and all things negative? I pray that you don’t. But, do know that you can retrain yourself and speak more Godly and have many more scriptural references when you speak. How? You ask. Think about all I shared today and look at the simple link I wrote this 5 years ago and I have been sharing it for decades... http://t.co/frl7FkP4nS

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Saturday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind and Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Saturday mornings, because Saturday like every other day of the week -begins with the Rosary.


MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/