Friday, June 8, 2018

Blood and Water


BEADS OF JOY 06-08-18
“Blood and Water”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 19:31-37 (The Blood and Water)
“Since it was the day of Preparation, in order to prevent the bodies from remaining on the cross on the sabbath (for that sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away. So, the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first, and of the other who had been crucified with him; but when they came to Jesus and saw that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. But one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and at once there came out blood and water. He who saw it has borne witness -- his testimony is true, and he knows that he tells the truth -- that you also may believe. For these things took place that the scripture might be fulfilled, "Not a bone of him shall be broken." And again, another scripture says, "They shall look on him whom they have pierced."

Reflection:
Many tears will be shed today; while many of us stare at the cross in silence pondering the events that have taken place on this day. We need to put ourselves in His midst as it occurred.

If we had the chance to be at the foot of the cross moments before Jesus died, knowing what we know; what would you say to Him? I like working outside the box in many of my own meditations. I am so glad I am able to share a new refreshing way; that you too can pray and meditate the Mysteries of the Rosary, the Stations of The Cross, and many other the events in Jesus' life. I'll share first: I would be down on my knees before the cross. I would be doing my best to catch eye contact with my Lord. I know I would be crying, but my tears, because I know what I know, would be tears of joy; anticipating Joyful tears.

Then I would pray this,
Please Lord, forgive me for my sins, my horrible selfishness, also please forgive me for ever offending You. I know Lord I am so unworthy of any this forgiveness; but I know by Your death all of us are made clean and acceptable before God through You. I am ever grateful for such a love as Yours. I offer my life fully and completely to You. I seek nothing in this life Lord, except to serve You, by sharing Your Love, Your Joy, Your Goodness, and Your story and most lovingly Your Mother with everyone I possibly can. Please Lord I ask for Your blessings as I forge forward spreading the gospel. I really, really, really love you so much my Jesus, you are the absolute center of my whole life, I have died to the wasted pleasures, joys and hobbies of this world, because I do not want to waste a single moment away from You. Thank you for always being there for me and my family and my friends. Amen.”

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus



Pondering these thoughts today: Give Jesus one hour of your time today, being silent before the Cross. For it is by the Cross that we are brought face to face with our Lord’s suffering. Even simply holding and looking lovingly at the Christ Crucified. Once hour of silence before our Lord will speak volumes of love to your heart…give it a try. I have shared about this several times through the years. Especially about the large cross we keep on our dresser that both Chrissy and I use to embrace whenever we wanted to be closer to Jesus.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Friday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…



Rosary Man Jim’s Sorrowful Reflection:
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-sorrowful-mysteries_11.html

MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/