Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Personal Boldness About Jesus

Beads of Joy 02-03-10

Personal Boldness About Jesus
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

That's a tough thought isn't it, what if the family we live with, the people we work with, those we attend school with, the spouse we married: Are Non-Believers? What do we do then? How do we not only live our own lives fully to His will? but also include them so that we can help save their souls so they can spend eternity in Heaven also? This is a tough deal I know, our first stage must be in holding our own ground in our faith, yes get tough and be bold in Jesus. We do not need to be arrogant or rude, but do not allow fear to be the driving force to decide on how you will do all you can to please anyone else. Yes, sharing Jesus with them and saving them is the first order of business. But sometimes in my own experience I have learned that in some situations; not all, we do not want them so angry at us, that they take it out on our faith, pushing them further away. There's something inside all of us called our gut, and you know the boundaries better than anyone, so each situation does have a varying approach.

Let me start by saying I became Born Again in the spirit in the spring of 1983. I still haven't dated anyone yet, lol..back at you, no I wasn't closed in; I just wasn't interested at the time, I was just way too busy working on cars with my dad. I just finished restoring my 1976 Chevy Nova in my senior year in high school. Well anyway back to the story, when Jesus and our Blessed Mother became part of my life, my life changed dramatically. For whatever reason at that time, maybe because I was still a babe in the spirit, and I had no ego to protect when it come to sharing how my life had changed. I told everyone, everywhere who Jesus was. I use to invite friends and family to the three prayer groups I use to attended every week. I was on a mission, and that was to share Jesus and our Blessed Mother with everyone, the overflowing exciting, fantastic feeling inside my soul had to be shared, just like it is now in my life. I'm telling you guys, there is so much joy inside my heart I can not contain it.

Anyhow, once I knew my life would never be the same I prayed about where my future would be (married?, priest?, missionary?, brother?). Yes all of those where thought about and considered extensively. I was extremely serious about becoming a priest, but I have got to tell you; I had this really good feeling that I wanted to be a husband and a dad. I have always wanted to be a dad. My dad and my uncles and my grandfather all played a huge role in my life; I greatly admired the joy and love they all had in raising kids. I came from a very happy, very joyous family upbringing. So the tugging and struggling to decide ended in the fact that I really want to be a husband and a dad. I gave you all this background for many reasons, mostly so my life stories all make sense when I eventually get to the point, I have the gift to gab, or type. LOL. But more so that you maybe able to relate to similarities in your own lives.

From day one in my faith after deciding that a family was what I truly wanted, I knew that whichever woman I would date; would have to know right out the gate about my faith. She have to know Jesus comes first in my life and she'd also have to know how important it is to me, that she to be a woman who put Jesus first in her life. I got to tell you, this was so important to me. I even promised we'd date so much throughout every week. The only catch was we'd be going to prayer meetings together, for sharing, fellowship, top of the lungs singing to Jesus, and at least on Wednesday nights, our meetings were followed by a visit to the Golden Dove Diner on Richmond Avenue with our prayer group. We'd pray at the diner, share more, laugh a lot, it was a blast. But all of this was a prerequisite to being with someone in a long term relationship. I really felt if I was going to find the right woman, Jesus had to part of it. But that's just me. I hope you can find the courage to just be YOU, and let Jesus shine through you in your life.

Let Jesus be bold in sharing Jesus, tell everyone who is number 1 in your life. And tell them why.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO