Saturday, February 6, 2010

What Is The Meaning of Life?

Beads of Joy 02-06-10

What Is The Meaning of Life?
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Ah, a question I am sure many of you may have on your minds. I know I did wonder about this for many years, while I was in high school and began to prepare for college. Let's face it I think most anybody, even the unbelievers can agree that "the meaning of life" can't possibly have anything to do with the things we have; rather our lives only gain meaning by the relationships we have. And in this life there is but one relationship that truly gives our life significant meaning. I'm sure you have already guessed it. For our lives only have eternal Heavenly meaning when we have a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Why are we here? Why have we been created? I use to wonder these very thoughts myself. But I will say I have discovered the answer. It's more simple than most may think.

A first thought might be, how should we approach this question? I always prefer to try to answer any question in my life by going through scripture. It's a wonderful habit, one that I encourage you to have in your life. "Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." Matthew 10:39 There's a powerful thought and a most favorite scripture of mine. That's actually the entire answer to the question. Here are a few more scriptures that may help keep us on course with our Lord throughout our lives, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20 Wow, how can anyone not want to surrender their life to Jesus.

Jesus Christ must be the absolute center of every breathe we take, every day we awake. Nothing, absolutely nothing and no one must ever come before Him. "And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God," Colossians 1:10. You can see how all this is building up the simplest answer to the question. Here's another inspiring scripture, "Fear the LORD your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name." Dueteronomy 6:13 See even the Old Testament provides us with much guidance. Do you see what is being found in scripture, basically the answer to our question. The answer is a very simple one.

Ok, the answer is: To know Him, to Love Him, & to Serve Him. That is the absolute true meaning to our lives here on earth. There is nothing more important in this life than knowing Jesus. Remember in a past blog I spoke about eternity, and what we do in this little bit of time we have been given; and that this time here will determine where we will spend eternity. We are all eternal beings, so it'll be one place or the other. Our love for our Lord must be the purest, the deepest, the most real our hearts have ever known. Let us remember what Jesus taught, "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" And He said to him, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND. This is the great and foremost commandment." Matthew 22:36-38 Praise Jesus for loving us so much, so that we may love Him.

Remember this: In the end.... Jesus will be all that matters.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO