Sunday, December 1, 2013

1st Sunday of Advent -Prepare

BEADS OF JOY 12-01-13
“1st Sunday of Advent -Prepare”
©2013 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

Today’s Gospel: Matthew 24:37-44 (The Unknown Hour or Day) “As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man. Then two men will be in the field; one is taken and one is left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left. Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the householder had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have watched and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore you also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”


My Friends,
Today’s Gospel Rosary Reflection is extra special. Today we begin the Liturgical Year and today is also the 1st Sunday of Advent. Today we will: Share in the HOPE as we Prepare for Him. Jesus our Lord and Savior will be born, we must be Light to all and share Him with others; while we ourselves Prepare for His arrival.

GLORIOUS MYSTERIES…

The 1st Glorious Mystery – The Resurrection of Jesus.
As I begin this Rosary on this most Joyful –Glorious first Sunday of Advent; I celebrate and rejoice in the Faith that I cherish. In today’s gospel I learn that I must always be ready. As Jesus has told me in scripture -He must die and that He would rise after three days; I must also reflect that He also told me that His coming would be at a day and an hour that no one knows. In this mystery, I rejoice in the Hope as I am always ready and prepared for His coming.
The 2nd Glorious Mystery – The Ascension of Jesus
In this second Glorious Mystery Lord, I feel that it draws me into the Hope of Your Ascension into Heaven. Even though today’s gospel focuses on the unknown, I must also note that in that; it is telling me that in it is known. Our Lady, Your Mother keeps me company as I spend time with You each day Lord. In this mystery, I rejoice in the Gospel of Hope and Joy that You shower my life with.


The 3rd Glorious Mystery – Descent of the Holy Spirit
Praise Jesus and Glory to You Lord. I just love praying the Rosary every day with You and Our Lady. In this most Glorious Mystery, You have blessed us with the Love, Direction and Wisdom of the Holy Spirit. As I ponder on today’s gospel, I see how through my prayers and my meditations; my heart leads my life to always be ready for Your return. The Glorious Joy You have filled my heart with Lord gives me so much Hope each day.
The 4th Glorious Mystery – The Assumption
In the fourth Glorious Mystery -Mary, our Mother and Your Mother is brought completely and fully to Heaven Lord. As I spend my life Devoted to You Lord, I have a special Devotion to Mary that fills my heart with Your love. In today’s gospel as Advent begins, my heart can’t help but feel so filled with Your love. Being ready is what You want Lord; so being ready I shall be.

The 5th Glorious Mystery – The Coronation
Lord as I begin this fifth Glorious Mystery, I learn and see how through Mary’s Coronation that my heart is filled with so much Eternal Happiness and Joy. The future or even more directly –ETERNITY: is where I so desire to be with You Lord and our Lady. Today’s Gospel expresses Hope on a level that any believer can instantly see and sense. My life is fully devoted to You Lord, and through the Rosary with Mary’s direction, she always leads me to You.

This Glorious set of Mysteries fills my heart with so much Joy on this most blessed first Sunday of Advent and first Day of the Liturgical Year… A Year of Grace for all of us to cherish and grow even closer to my Lord through Mary in the Rosary.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every evening Monday through Friday 9pm EST with our
"Our Lady's Rosary Text Vigil Group"


Invitations posted daily… and throughout the evening…
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim

Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

I also invite you to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest:
https://twitter.com/Rosarymanjim
http://www.pinterest.com/rosarymanjim/