Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Abundant - Overflowing Love

BEADS OF JOY 12-04-13
“Abundant –Overflowing Love”
©2013 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

Today’s Gospel: Matthew 15:29-37 (Jesus Feeds Four Thousand) “And Jesus went on from there and passed along the Sea of Galilee. And he went up on the mountain, and sat down there. And great crowds came to him, bringing with them the lame, the maimed, the blind, the dumb, and many others, and they put them at his feet, and he healed them, so that the throng wondered, when they saw the dumb speaking, the maimed whole, the lame walking, and the blind seeing; and they glorified the God of Israel. Then Jesus called his disciples to him and said, "I have compassion on the crowd, because they have been with me now three days, and have nothing to eat; and I am unwilling to send them away hungry, lest they faint on the way." And the disciples said to him, "Where are we to get bread enough in the desert to feed so great a crowd?" And Jesus said to them, "How many loaves have you?" They said, "Seven, and a few small fish." And commanding the crowd to sit down on the ground, he took the seven loaves and the fish, and having given thanks he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds. And they all ate and were satisfied; and they took up seven baskets full of the broken pieces left over.”


My Friends,
God’s love for us is Abundant!!! And in today's Gospel -It's Overflowing!!! The miracles keep coming, today we read about a miracle that blesses thousands, sharing in the Hope found in God’s abundant love. Look at verse 37 in today’s gospel, “And they all ate and were satisfied; and they took up seven baskets full of the broken pieces left over.” This verse leaves me thinking about this: How much food does it take to feed and satisfy 4,000 people and still have left overs? I don’t know how many of you have had crowds over your home for a BBQ or a holiday celebration. It sure takes a lot of food to satisfy 10-20 or more people, you always Hope you have enough food, I can’t even imagine what amount of food (bread and fish) it would take to feed and satisfy 4,000 people. WOW!! 


GLORIOUS MYSTERIES…

First Glorious Mystery – The Resurrection of Jesus
Lord as I begin this most blessed First Glorious Mystery celebrating Your Resurrection; know that my Faith and my Love and my Life are completely all for You Lord. I know Your love for me is without measure or requirement of me. Just as the four thousand who were with You in today’s gospel; Your heart had compassion to meet their needs. They did not ask for Your help, yet You willingly had compassion for their needs. Lord, may my heart always be so compassionate to others, as I see their needs arise.
Second Glorious Mystery – The Ascension of Jesus
The second Glorious Mystery is one of Hope, knowing that You Lord went before us to the Father. In today’s gospel Lord, You show me, that You not only healed many who followed You; but in Your compassion for their needs, You fulfilled their needs. I am greatly encouraged by today’s gospel Lord. I never lose Hope even when events and activities in the world seem negative and even completely opposite and against me. I rest all my Hope in You Lord, knowing that You always love me.


Third Glorious Mystery – Descent of the Holy Spirit
As the Holy Spirit came down from Heaven and rested upon the disciples and those present and many billions throughout the centuries including me. In Your Wisdom Lord, I can see how today’s gospel -brought down bread from Heaven to feed the four thousand. I rejoice and feel so very blessed every single day Lord that I get to be with You; knowing that You have a compassionate loving heart. The Holy Spirit accompanies me and leads me always to You; just as Mary always leads me to You.
Fourth Glorious Mystery – The Assumption
Lord, I feel so blessed and loved, knowing that Your Mother is there for me, as she has always been there for You. In this fourth Mystery Lord, Your Mother, my Mother has gone before us in her commitment to You. Devotion to Mary is a huge part of my Devotion to You Lord. In Mary and Through Mary I always find You. In today’s gospel the crowd followed You, knowing You would heal them, and take care of them. You didn't send them away, instead You embraced them in their needs.

Fifth Glorious Mystery – The Coronation
As I begin the fifth Glorious Mystery Lord I place all my choices, all my faith and my love in the Eternal Happiness You give to me. Our Lady is well deserving of this crown. Today’s gospel in many ways shows us, it most certainly showed the crowd that happiness, fulfillment of our bodily needs also bring us eternal happiness from Heaven. You Lord always know what’s best for us and then in Your time You meet our needs.
I pray that these most Glorious Mysteries combined with a most Joyous Gospel have brought Love and Peace and Hope and Joy to your life. Let us continue praying like this, so that our Joy maybe linked to Jesus, Scripture and Our Lady.
 
LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every evening Monday through Friday 9pm EST with our
"Our Lady's Rosary Text Vigil Group"


Invitations posted daily… and throughout the evening…
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim

Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

I also invite you to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest:
https://twitter.com/Rosarymanjim
http://www.pinterest.com/rosarymanjim/