Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Dedicated Saintly Life

BEADS OF JOY 12-03-13
“A Dedicated Saintly Life”
©2013 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

St. Francis Xavier…
Today’s Gospel: Luke 10:21-24 (Praise of the Father – Privileges of Discipleship) “In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these  things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to babes; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him." Then turning to the disciples he said privately, "Blessed are the eyes which see what you see! For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.”


My Friends,
Today we celebrate the life of St. Francis Xavier. So I thought I’d try something different and maybe even a little blessed; so I’m going to give it a try. Today’s mysteries and the saint’s life will be the main focus. St. Francis was a humble missionary who worked tirelessly preaching the gospel; and he was also a student of Ignatius of Loyola.


SORROWFUL MYSTERIES
The 1st Sorrowful Mystery – The Agony in The Garden.
As I begin this first Sorrowful Mystery, I look at the life of St. Francis Xavier. His life was a life that’s was fully dedicated to and Conformed to the Will of God. In this mystery Jesus conforms and stays strong to God’s Will; showing me that in all things I too must stay focused on and live through -even the most difficult challenges while I stay committed to living God’s Will in my life.  


The 2nd Sorrowful Mystery – Scourging at The Pillar.
My Lord, this second Sorrowful mystery hurts me the most. I can’t help but think of the scene in “The Passion of the Christ”. Lash after lash, beating You to near death, blood splattering everywhere. Yet You remained strong in Your Purity of Spirit. St Francis Xavier preached tirelessly and consistently fully focused on spreading the gospel. Lord I ask that You help me stay focused in my life; so that I to like You and St. Francis remain tirelessly focused on what You so wish for me to, in my life. No matter what the consequences are.
The 3rd Sorrowful Mystery – Crowning with Thorns.
My Lord, being a disciple takes Moral Courage; it certainly comes with paying a price. This I know from my own life Lord. As I begin this most humiliating third Sorrowful Mystery, I ponder on the life that St. Francis Xavier lived. Courage, honest from the Spirit -Moral Courage is what it takes to do God’s Will and to move forward, no matter what others might say or do, and that is a special grace that many have. I pray Lord that through our Lady who always directs me to You; that my life remains devoted to You, no matter what others say or do.

The 4th Sorrowful Mystery – Carrying of The Cross.
Beginning this fourth Sorrowful Mystery Lord; I see how much the Sorrowful Mysteries require that I have Patience as I follow after You. St Francis in dismay seen how the Portuguese settlers and soldiers of the colony were brutal in the way they treated the natives. A Sorrowful sight indeed. Patience, prayer and a life led by God’s Spirit helps Francis to remain focused. In today’s gospel at this mystery I ponder, “Blessed are the eyes which see what you see!”. Lord please guide my life to Your Will, Your desire for which I will live for Your glory Lord.
The 5th Sorrowful Mystery – The Crucifixion.
The fifth Sorrowful Mystery brings all these Sorrowful Mysteries full circle to one thought in my Spirit: Self-denial. As I continue to follow You Lord, I realize more and more how to best serve You, I must more and more forget me. You must come first in everything I do, everywhere I go, and all that I say. Your entire life Lord was all about this day, the day that You would surrender all of Yourself to save me (us) from our own sin (selfishness). I undeservingly receive Your blessings knowing that this example helps me to remain focused, giving all my allegiance to You Lord.

I pray that these most Sorrowful Mystery Devotions help you in your walk following after Jesus. There will be many more devotions like this to come.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every evening Monday through Friday 9pm EST with our
"Our Lady's Rosary Text Vigil Group"


Invitations posted daily… and throughout the evening…
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim

Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

I also invite you to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest:
https://twitter.com/Rosarymanjim
http://www.pinterest.com/rosarymanjim/