Thursday, December 5, 2013

Solid Strong Foundation

BEADS OF JOY 12-05-13
“Solid Strong Foundation”
©2013 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

Today’s Gospel: Matthew 7:21, 24-27 (The True Disciple – The Two Foundations) “"Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.” Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock; and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand; and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it."”


My Friends,
Even if you had a solid cement foundation, sometimes it pretty much don’t matter. If we are too close to the storm, our home can still be destroyed. Think of that just as if we live our lives to close to evil, taunting with the sin, the many little sins that we embrace. We still stand the chance at being destroyed, regardless of what we may think we have fooled ourselves to believe. Today’s gospel has us considering the Hope that we have in our preparedness in times of trouble and challenge. Can our spiritual house with-stand the pressures and misleading efforts of the worldly society around us who wish to destroy us? Today’s gospel has us keep in mind that a storm so horrible, not only can sweep away all that the good; but it also sweeps away all that the wicked. God knows our hearts, even when we secretly lie to others and even more seriously to ourselves.


LUMINOUS MYSTERIES…
The 1st Luminous Mystery – The Baptism of Jesus. The first Luminous Mystery shows me how Jesus Himself; at His own baptism had a special Openness to the Holy Spirit. In today’s gospel I can see how simply knowing our Lord’s name and calling out to Him isn’t what Jesus simple wants from me. The foundation of my Spirit and my life and my actions must be built on a solid connection between me and You Lord are most important. As Jesus was baptized receiving the sacrament, I too must focus on a life that continually keeps me connected in that relationship with Jesus through the sacraments.

The 2nd Luminous Mystery – Wedding Feast of Cana.
The Wedding at Cana, was a most joyous celebration. This second Luminous Mystery has special meaning to me. I can see how Jesus’ presence in marriage is so critical, and through His participation in the marriage feast –the celebration continued joyfully. But I do see how that Joy continued because Mary brought that Joy to the celebration. To Jesus through Mary the way I must live a life filled with Joy, is always including Mary on this journey. I shall continue to build my foundation of loving Jesus through the Love Mary has for You Lord that she shares with me.
The 3rd Luminous Mystery –
Proclamation of the Kingdom of God.
The third Luminous Mystery is a critical part of the foundation of my faith. In this mystery my heart and soul must be kept clean and pure and ready for Him at all times. Repentance and Trusting in God are important in my life. In today’s gospel I can see how important it is to have a solid foundation, one that can with-stand the storms of life. My trust and faith and love for You Lord keep my roots deep in Your Word and Your Will for my life. The sacrament of confession should be a more frequent part of my journey to You my Lord.

The 4th Luminous Mystery – The Transfiguration.
Peter, James and John got a glance of this most spectacular mystery long before Jesus was brought to Heaven. My Desire for Holiness is most important on this journey home. I desire to stay focused fully on You Lord and never shall I take my eyes off of You and place them on another. Today’s gospel says it all, me simply knowing Your name doesn’t guarantee me anything. Rather my life needs to be more consistently constantly focused on my relationship with You, loving You and following after You at all times. This I shall do Lord.
The 5th Luminous Mystery –
Institution of the Holy Eucharist.
I love the fifth Luminous Mystery so much. Here on earth, we have You Lord at the Mass. I love being at Mass, seeing You and being with You. In this most spectacular mystery I get to celebrate that even more; through Eucharistic Adoration and my Participation at Mass I get to be with You over and over again. Every day if I wish, I can be with You. Today’s gospel shows me that I must know You, sincerely and honestly. Anyone can know Your name, but only those who truly love You, know You Lord. Lord, may my life continue to always be focused fully on You.

I pray that these devotions have blessed your life, as they have blessed mine. Our life must be focused fully on Jesus; nothing can get in the way, but if something does, we must remove it and continue to be focused on Him.


LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every evening Monday through Friday 9pm EST with our
"Our Lady's Rosary Text Vigil Group"


Invitations posted daily… and throughout the evening…
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim

Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS


I also invite you to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest:
https://twitter.com/Rosarymanjim
http://www.pinterest.com/rosarymanjim/