Sunday, November 25, 2018

Christ The King


BEADS OF JOY 11-25-18
“Christ The King”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 18:33-37 (Trial Before Pilate)
“Pilate entered the praetorium again and called Jesus, and said to him, "Are  you the King of the Jews?" Jesus answered, "Do you say this of your own accord, or did others say it to you about me?" Pilate answered, "Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have handed you over to me; what have you done?" Jesus answered, "My kingship is not of this world; if my kingship were of this world, my servants would fight, that I might not be handed over to the Jews; but my kingship is not from the world." Pilate said to him, "So you are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. For this I was born, and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears my voice."

Reflection:
Let us begin this most joyous, glorious day with reading today's gospel. The glory of this day speaks for itself. This is truly the last Sunday of the Liturgical Year B, next Sunday begins Advent, when Year C begins. Let us take a moment to reflect on the gospel, God's word alone will put our hearts in His presence. I absolutely love the gospels. There was a point and time in my early days walking with Jesus that I actually wrote out, by hand (yes, with a pen) all the gospels. Why? you ask. lol. So that God's words would be embedded in my heart, my mind and thoughts. I still remember the many weeks that took to do. I never kept it after I wrote it, but I have been felt led to write it all out again. What a blessing, what a Joy.

Just take a moment and reflect on these few thoughts:
Do we really know that Jesus Christ is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords? Do we live a life submitted to Him, true to the fact that He is King? Who do we serve? Who is our Lord? Who is our King? Let's face it, a King or a Lord, don't have to be a person. It can be an addiction, or desire, or pride, or wealth, or money, sex, power, ourselves, or selfishness. So much to really think about.

We really need to ponder on so many thoughts like this, as we walk with Jesus on this journey to His presence. Our lives can be so easily distracted and misled into the abyss and lost for all eternity; worshiping and honoring the gods of this world, and of this earth, which are only out to destroy us. Please consider staying focused on Jesus. 24/7/365 He is our Savior and our Lord.

Today more than ever pray, "Jesus, Lord and King, I trust in You."


What is the Truth?
(from The Passion of The Christ)




I am a King. Homily for the
Feast of Christ the King, Year B




LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Sunday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. Assumption of Mary (Grace of a Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!




MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/