Friday, November 30, 2018

They Left Their Nets


BEADS OF JOY 11-30-18
“They Left Their Nets”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Matthew 4:18-22 (Call of The First Disciple)
“As he walked by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon who is called Peter and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea;  for they were fishermen. And he said to them, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."
Immediately they left their nets and followed him. And going on from there he saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets, and he called them. Immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him.”

Reflection:
What is holding you back from giving 100%+ to God? Or is there anything holding you back? The disciples were simple ordinary people, none were professed scholars, none were wealthy, none had any great political influence; they were all simple ordinary working men who dealt with the day to day issues of life. The vast majority of us fit into that category. When Jesus calls us to serve, most of us, at the time of our calling, just like the disciples have little or nothing to offer; all we have is a heart with a desire to serve. We are then fashioned to His needs with our gifts and ability. We must allow the power of the Holy Spirit to mold us to what our Lord so desires of us by our gifts; placing full trust in Him as we begin this journey. If we allow it and we are open to the Holy Spirit leading us, it can be a most exciting journey.

All of us have some sort of a gift that God wants in His Kingdom. I know some who have said to me, “Jim, I can’t write, I don’t play an instrument, I can’t build things, I’m not creative, what can I do?” For starters, I always say, slow down and simply ask the Lord to guide you in your prayers. Two ways to look at this, more I guess if you want to take the time to see. But one way is maybe there is a gift inside you that by God’s grace through your love for Him it will come out; and the other is simple incredible gifts so many unfortunately overlook: like being a compassionate friend, having an understanding heart, being a devoted parent, being a devoted sincere loving spouse, being a selfless neighbor looking out for the well-being of the community. There are so many gifts that fill us, sometimes all we need to do is pray about what God wants of us and believe me, He will guide and direct you.

Never underestimate how God will utilize whatever it is we can do. Let us be like the disciples, and follow Jesus fully trusting in Him. When Jesus calls you to serve, don’t run away from the calling thinking; “I can’t be of any use.” You have been chosen, because God sees in you something very special, simply allow His light to shine through you. Allow your hands to be His. Allow your feet to be His. Let Jesus work His Will through you, so that His Will not only brings you closer to Him; but by your work, others are brought to Him. Patience and Trust. Trust fully in Jesus without any reservation, with the Patience of knowing, in His time. Once the flood gates of your heart opens and you allowed His love to flow through you; your life will become an amazing witness, many will love Jesus because you brought Him to them. I know in my heart many of you are on the same page I am on. If any of you have any questions or doubts know that your Priests or a close devout friend will be able to help you. I’m not a Priest yet (wink wink) or Religious, nor a scholar with any Biblical training, neither am I here for profit or gain by all I share each day. I am a simple man, a dad, a husband, a devout servant of Jesus. I am here sharing my faith, from my heart. This 35-year non-stop journey home and I have given all of you a window seat. I hope and pray for all of you, every single day. Talk to you tomorrow.

Jesus Calls
His First Disciples


The Season of Advent
w/ Deacon Keith Fournier




LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Friday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…



MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/