Monday, November 12, 2018

You Must Forgive


BEADS OF JOY 11-12-18
“You Must Forgive”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Luke 17:1-6 (Temptations To Sin)
“And he said to his disciples, "Temptations to sin are sure to come; but woe to him by whom they come! It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were cast into the sea, then that he should cause one of these little ones to sin. Take heed to yourselves; if your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him; and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, and says, `I repent,' you must forgive him."  The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" And the Lord said, "If you had faith as a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this sycamore tree, `Be rooted up, and be planted in the sea,' and it would obey you."

Reflection:
Yes, we are all tempted and yes, we all sin. “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” ~ Romans 3:23 But, do we allow these temptations to continually drive us into sin constantly? Or Do we fight against these temptations through prayer and the power of the Holy Spirit; knowing that by God’s Grace we will get through the temptation? There are many ways to defend yourself against the temptations of this world. There are two that I have used my entire life. Do I still sin? Yes, but I find that I am more conscientious about virtually everything I do, because of these two things. So, by keeping my “guard up” I am doing all I can, not to be a complete fool to the temptations that lead me to sin.

These two wonderful ways that I keep my mind and my spirit occupied and busy and so distracted, from the desire to fall into temptation are; my life’s devotion to the rosary and my love for reading scripture every single day. And just to let everyone know, the rosary is all about Jesus in scripture. The Rosary keeps my mind focused on Jesus, His Joys, His Life, His Sorrows and His Glory. And the greatest part of that wonderful devotion is that it is all scripture based. Everything leads back to God’s Word. His Word is the foundation that helps me be strong. Consider these verses:

“Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” ~Matthew 26:41

“No temptation has overtaken you, but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.” ~1 Corinthians 10:13

And in the Lord’s Prayer we pray, ‘And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” ~Matthew 6:13 There is far too much to share in scripture, I can’t jam it all up in this one blog. I urge you to spend time in scripture each and every day. It will not only change your life, your way of thinking; but you will be very contentious of all the things you do each day. I get call many things, but that’s ok I don’t care. I drive a little bit below speed limit, I obey laws no matter if there are crowds or I am completely alone. To me God is always watching every single thing I am doing. I don’t care what others see, I simply care what God sees; in the dark or in the light, complete alone or with others. To me it doesn’t matter. I do all things for His Glory, to Honor Him. Do not allow the temptations of this world to trap you and devour you, for in the end, they will win, and we will lose. God Bless all of you. Talk to you tomorrow.

Luke 17:1-6
Being Read to You



Bishop Robert Barron on
The Spirituality of Advent
(Bishop Barron promotes the Rosary.)



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Monday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind & Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Monday mornings, because every morning begins with the Rosary.



MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/