Monday, June 7, 2010

Building Strength Within

Beads of Joy 06-07-10
Building Strength Within©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Yes it's true I am back. Sometimes a house or a building needs to be teared down or destroyed in order for it return in a more useful form. I base today's blog on John 2:19 "Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days." A rather powerful statement said by Jesus in His time. For no one knew He was talking about His physical body, not the Temple building. It was their lack of faith, wisdom and insight into the spirit and will of God; they did not see or understand what He was saying. It's pretty ironic and obvious that God has lead me to today's blog. For three days I have been silent; silent under the commitment and responsibility of being a Godly husband. The commitment made before God was "in sickness and in health" which came from what is called Responsive Vows. So tell me how many of you remember those vows? Here's a quick refresher, if indeed you used the Responsive Vows:

"I, (Your Name),
Take you, (Spouses Name),
To be my (wife/husband);
To have and to hold,
From this day forward,
For better, for worse,
For richer, for poorer,
In sickness and in health,
To love and to cherish,
'Till death do us part
."

Through these four weeks of my life, and our marriage, I have learned a lot of things. Are you curious what they are? Well here we go I'm going to share them even of you weren't curious. LOL. Well for starters I learned that unselfishness is thee single greatest treasure one can give to another. I learned that God was working His will in my life in preparation for these days, I never doubted His presence. Going back about ten months ago, I really got into the movie "Fireproof". And while watching the movie, it made me cry. Was it the emotion of the acting? The setting up of words that create emotion in a movie that create tears in the audience? Or was it Jesus working His way to my heart in preparation for where I needed to be for the times ahead? I think now looking back the answer is obvious. You see the way I kind do a review of events and words in my life. Well I always do that when I see and know that God's hand is in my life. It's a kind confirmation of the present and real chance for me to embrace current trails and hardships that test me.

Some marriages go through trials, challenges, opposition, and a battle of wills. I know some of y'all can relate to a few of those, and probably a lot more. God only knows His will, but with the help of the Holy Spirit, we can begin to see the framework of God's will in our own lives. All I can say is this, listen to what God's word says about the love you share. "and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2. God united the two of you, in the covenant of marriage. He is the bond that has made you one. With that said, know that once joined with God, you have become inseparable. And if attempted to be separated, one or both of you will be broken. "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Mark 10:7-9.

Is your heart in it? Can you love your spouse the way God loves you? Even though from time to time we reject God, He still remains in love with us. God's unconditional love for us should help teach us to be like God in our relationship. Jesus can change your life, your views and your judgment that prevents you from being like Him. You need His forgiveness and His love so that you can love your spouse unconditionally. If you are in a marriage that leaves you feeling it's over, it's done, time to leave. All I can say is pray and wait on the Lord. As said in the movie Fireproof, "Man... God meant marriage to be for life, that's why you gotta keep your vows..." That's Michael talking to Caleb about the value and importance of the vows taken in marriage. Here's a thought: Let's say you are on a diet and the diet forbids pudding. And before you use to really like pudding, now you reject it and say, no more pudding for me. You made the choice, you cut off the desire and now you are ready to move on. Fine, so you think. Now while that is going on, another force comes in and says, "I will forever take pudding away from you." Now how do you react. One might think, Thank God. I found it's opposite. The minute something comes in and demands you to surrender that which you use to love, but now reject; stirs up something inside you, that refuses to surrender it. Are you following me? See, all my thoughts revolve around food, I have definitely got a screw loose. LOL


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO