Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Journal Entry 7.4.12 - Silence


BEADS OF JOY 7-04-12 “Journal Entry - Silence”
©2012 James Dacey, Jr. OFS
Dear Lord,
It is in the silence of my heart that greatly loves You Lord. There is no other language in the world that is so much more powerful than silence. It is in my silence each day, while I am busy, or helping someone, or tending to my responsibilities as a husband (care-taker) or dad; it is there that I have uninterrupted conversations with You every single day. No one knows I am speaking to You, no one can interrupt the comfort You give me, and no one can stop me from speaking to You; and it is there that I listen for You Lord, openly and ready. That silent secret voice we share allows me to love You so much my Lord, and I am so excited and thrilled to be allowed to love You, like I do. We will remain to keep that communication link a secret between You and me. I just love how I can literally pray to you 24/7/365, through the voice in my mind that is linked directly to You Lord.
And it is in my silence that I really more clearly understand Your Cross. In that silence I scream and cry for the pain You had to endure. I understand that Your suffering made it possible so that I would not have to suffer; Your love for me is immeasurable, as is mine for You Lord. And even though I only slightly touched upon this Lord; my silence is silent before You, for it there that I listen to You. I know well that when the mouth is flapping the ears aren’t listening. I stand before You Lord, always ready and always silent for You to lead me. Your favorite place to touch our hearts and fill our ears, is in our silence before You.
We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls.”
~Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Wisdom enters through love, silence, and mortification. It is great wisdom to know how to be silent and to look at neither the remarks, nor the deeds, nor the lives of others.”
~St John of the Cross, OCD
Sorry Lord... if this entry seems a bit shorter than usual, I am just practicing my silence before You. LOL J
Your son,
Jimmy (The Rosary Man)