Wednesday, November 20, 2013

More Will be Given

BEADS OF JOY 11-20-13
“More Will Be Given”
©2013 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

Today’s Gospel: Luke 19:11-28 (The Parable of the Ten Gold Coins) “As they heard these things, he proceeded to tell a parable, because he was near to Jerusalem, and because they supposed that the kingdom of God was to appear immediately. He said therefore, "A nobleman went into a far country to receive a kingdom and then
return. Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten pounds, and said to them, `Trade with these till I come.' But his citizens hated him and sent an embassy after him, saying, `We do not want this man to reign over us.' When he returned, having received the kingdom, he commanded these servants, to whom he had given the money, to be called to him, that he might know what they had gained by trading. The first came before him, saying, `Lord, your pound has made ten pounds more.' And he said to him, `Well done, good servant! Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities.' And the second came, saying, `Lord, your pound has made five pounds.' And he said to him, `And you are to be over five cities.' Then another came, saying, `Lord, here is your pound, which I kept laid away in a napkin; for I was afraid of you, because you are a severe man; you take up what you did not lay down, and reap what you did not sow.' He said to him, `I will condemn you out of your own mouth, you wicked servant! You knew that I was a severe man, taking up what I did not lay down and reaping what I did not sow? Why then did you not put my money into the bank, and at my coming I should have collected it with interest?' And he said to those who stood by, `Take the pound from him, and give it to him who has the ten pounds.' (And they said to him, `Lord, he has ten pounds!') `I tell you, that to everyone who has will more be given; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away. But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me.'" And when he had said this, he went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem.”



My Friends,


Today’s gospel is very exciting and we have so much we can learn by it. God has given each of us special gifts. The minute we hoard or bury or not share or multiply what God has given us; that day will truly be a sad day for that person. We must do all we can to make what we have been given -multiply; and in that growth we must be spreading His love, and His word to all. We only get one chance (one life) to get this right. Just like it says in the parable. These servants had a specific amount of time (one chance) with these treasures and then upon the return of the nobleman, judgment was placed upon the stewardship of the servants. These servants were trusted, as God trusts us in what He has given us, and blessed us with. How dare we hoard or hide or bury and keep from others what isn't even our own. Let us share these blessings. We are only blessed by what we have when we give it away, and/or share it with someone else. If we keep it to our own selfish self, there is no value. Let us begin today’s Gospel Rosary Devotion.

The 1st Glorious Mystery – The Resurrection of Jesus.

These most Glorious Mysteries celebrate the Joy and Love that you share with me Lord. In today’s gospel we can see how what I do with what You give me Lord, is inevitably measured by what I do with those gifts. “Because you have been faithful in a very little…” My Faith and my love for You Lord is expressed in this most Glorious most spectacular mystery of Your Most Glorious Resurrection. May my life be an expression of Your love Lord, sharing and growing and multiplying the gifts You have blessed me with.


The 2nd Glorious Mystery – The Ascension of Jesus.
This second Glorious Mystery gives me so much Hope Lord. Thank you Lord for sharing this insightful blessed parable. I truly love spending time in scripture, learning about all that You teach me. I pray that I am like the servant with the ten –multiplying all that You give to me Lord. As You Ascend into Heaven Lord my heart fills with the Love and the Joy of Your Love for me.


The 3rd Glorious Mystery – Descent of the Holy Spirit.
This most blessed mystery is one of my favorite. You said Lord that God the Father would send down the Holy Spirit to help me, to guide me, to lead me. The Wisdom gained in this mystery is such a blessing on my Spiritual Journey to You. Today’s gospel shows me that hoarding and hiding and selfishly keeping that which You have given me, comes with a price. I pray Lord that my heart always stays focused on You.

The 4th Glorious Mystery – The Assumption.
In this fourth mystery Lord, I come to the realization of my faith -that You have given me Your Mother, just like You did at the Cross. My daily prayer life matters so much in this mystery. You gave me a gift Lord and in turn -I cherish my Devotion to Mary, Your Mother, my Mother. I shall always share her with others, in prayer, in the Rosary, in learning and teaching the Rosary; constantly sharing multiplying all the love she has for us, that leads us to You.

The 5th Glorious Mystery – The Coronation.
More has been given, and her name is Mary, Mother of God. She always leads us to You Lord, and through her sending us to You, we always find Eternal Happiness in Your love. In today’s gospel my heart is open to the gifts You always give, and the Joy You further give us as we share all that You give us. May the Joy found in this Rosary today help lead others to You Lord.

I pray that all have found what their gifts are and the insight and wisdom gained by this knowledge; leads you to a heart that desires to share and multiply all for God’s glory, celebrating His love for you.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every evening Monday through Friday 9pm EST with our
"Our Lady's Rosary Text Vigil Group"


Invitations posted daily… and throughout the evening…
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim

Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

I also invite you to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest:
https://twitter.com/Rosarymanjim
http://www.pinterest.com/rosarymanjim/